Yonex Arcsaber ZSlash or Armortec900T?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by absol94, Oct 4, 2010.

1. absol94

absol94 Regular Member

student
    Just wana ask you guys will prefer which racket?For either Single or double. And also can state the way you play...
    Me
    Single-Zslash
    Double-900T
    I`m a aggresive player who like to smash but not so good in defending where I always block the ball reach half court only and then give opponent to attack back.That is my weakness so how bout you guys opinion & way of playing.....:rolleyes:

2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

well
    Singles - Arcsaber Z-Slash
    Doubles - Arcsaber Z-Slash ( if my partner is bad at the rear court) Armotec 900 Technique (opposite reason)
    In doubles when your opponents is smashing, you and your partner should be playing sides using your backhand to defend against their smash
    In singles similar thing but if they are at the back and smashing hit the shuttle to the net area, in the fore court hit it to the sides (backhand side)

3. HardSmasher

HardSmasher Regular Member

Senior Engineer
    try return the shuttle low in front of net when opponent attack, this will make them run. or find empty space, the objective is to make their life difficult and make them tired.

4. drew tze en

What a nice way to describe it !!

5. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Go for Arc Z for singles, but try it before, lots of people can't help playing with it..

For Doubles, go for AT 900 T if you have a good defense with it, or try Nano series

6. Talkingtaco2

Talkingtaco2 Regular Member

What you do if you drop from the back tram lines, my coach says you hit at the service line when the shuttle is at 9 o clock. this allows the shuttle to start dropping at the service line to give you a perfect drop. Also you should always have your racket below knee level if you know your opponents going to smash to block it. Favorite singles racket-Arcsaber Zslash
    doubles-AT 900T or NS 9900

7. drew tze en

I don't understand what you mean

8. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Arc ZS for singles (for a while I thought it is a better doubles racquet) and AT900T and NS9900 are better doubles racquet. Once I found the optimum string tension for my ArcZS, I immediately understood it is quite an unbelievable racquet for singles.

Used to string it at 28/30 but I experimented w it 26/28 and it played great but somehow something is missing. Experimented again and finally arrived at 27/29 lbs. The best string tension for me w regards to ArcZS in singles play...just the correct amount of torsion comensurate with his shaft and frame stiffness!

9. drew tze en

The arcsaber z-slash can be used as a doubles racket but it is more of a singles i use it for both singles and doubles as long is that you know how to use the racket well

10. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

For some reason it tend to suit me better for doubles play with higher tension and at slightly lower tension it serves me well in singles.

...after much experimentation, that is.

11. absol94

absol94 Regular Member

student
    Recently I bought 900T that racket really nice especially when smashing but.....if you stroke like bout 200 times your arm or muscle start to pain cause its a heavy head racket compare to Zslash

12. DomC95

DomC95 Regular Member

Arc z slash for single
    arm 900t or 900p for doubles

13. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Go for AT900T if you prefer a more rounded attributes.