Sociable badminton club within London Zone 1

Discussion in 'UK' started by aim33, Oct 4, 2010.

1. aim33

aim33 New Member

Graduate Manager
    Hi I'm a young female just moved to London after uni...I enjoy badminton and play fairly well at recreational level. I live near Stockwell and work near Camden. I'm looking to join a sociable club to improve my skills and make friends - I've come across several clubs but was wondering if anyone could recommend anything else...

I want to be able to pay and play rather than pay for a full year's membership (so that rules out Wimbledon)...on weekday evenings....preferably somewhere with easy access to the Victoria or Northern line to make it easy to get home at night.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll probably go along to the Little Venice Club, but before I do I just wondered whether anyone knew of somewhere similar to this that was perhaps a little closer to either the home or office?!

Grateful for any suggestions,

Aimee

2. pyshuttler

pyshuttler Regular Member

3. coxale

coxale New Member

Little Venice Info

Aimee, I would definitely recommend the Little Venice Badminton Club if you're looking for a club on Monday, Tuesday or Saturday. The Little Venice sports hall itself is great for badminton with well cushioned floors and great walls for visibility, but above all the people are great. Really friendly and welcoming. I moved to London a couple of months ago and have been to Little Venice about three times and enjoyed it every time. Also, after the Saturday session, lots of the people tend to go out for a meal at a local restaurant which everyone is welcome to.

I attend another club as well now to keep in practice with feather shuttles, but I keep coming back to Little Venice for the friendly people and welcoming atmosphere. Definitely a sociable club :)

Hope this has helped. (Was longer than i was intending :p)

Alex