User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i was shown a completely different technique for netshot the other day. it was quite a contrast to the ones i was taught.

i was shown this by a coach who used to play in a Chinese county team.

i was only shown the forehand. there are 3 types.

forward

first type is for hitting the birdie at a forward projectile. the path of the racket head is also forward. first approach birdie with racket head point outward, slightly rearward, and slightly upward. on contact, rotate wrist with pronation to hit the shuttle.

the significance differences between this technique and the ones i was taught (described in a previous posting in this thread) is that the racket head is pointing slightly upward, ie, the rackethead is slightly higher than the wrist. also, racket motion is mainly from wrist movement. i asked if i should be only using the wrist, the coach basically said no quite, it is not 100% wrist, but from what i can see, it is like 90% wrist and 10% fingers.

i tried it out, it takes a few minute to get the hang of, and it does give a nice tumble.

inwards

the second type is for hitting inwards, inward meaning racket head motion is from racket arm side to non-racket arm side. (R->L if you are right handed).

this is similar to what i had described earlier, racket head point say 45degrees between forward and sideways. but the difference is this, racket head again is pointing slightly upwards, and yet again, pronation is used to propel the racket head instead of fingers. the projectile of the birdie is inwards and creates an irregular tumble.

outwards

the third type is a outside tumble, where the racket motion is from inside (non-racket side) to outside. mainly used to receive crosscourt drops.

on preparation, the racket shaft is parallel to the net. and again, pointing slightly upwards. follow the birdie and push outwards. on contact with birdie, use fingers to rotate the racket head forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

i still don’t get how to do the tumble shot. here is what i can imagine (for right hander):

1) if the shuttle comes directly towards you (ie your opponent drop the shuttle into the middle of your frontcourt or play a net return directly infront of you), your action is;

(a) rush to the frontcourt, with forehand grip and the racket hand stretched forward infront, further push your racket away from your body toward the net. the racket face will be parallel to the floor and the racket move perpendicular to the net (which means pushing the racket further will make your racket touching the net).

or;

(b) rush to the frontcourt, with forehand grip and the racket hand stretched forward infront your, divert your racket away to your right (outside cutting) or to your left (inside cutting). the racket face will be parallel to the floor and the racket move parallel to the net (either to the right or left).

2) if the shuttle comes across either to the right or left of your frontcourt (ie. while you are replying a crosscourt drop shot or crosscourt net return), your action is;

rush to the right (with forehand grip) or the left (with backhand grip)frontcourt, with the racket hand stretched forward infront, further push your racket away from your body towards the shuttle. the racket face will be parallel to the floor and the racket move same direction as your body movement (45 degrees to the net). (This technique is equal to 1(a)). If you are already in the front court and replying the crosscourt return from your opponent, the racket will move almost parallel to the net as you push the racket away from your body.

can anyone comment?i really hope someone could upload some pictures or video here, how to perform the shot. sending your own training pictures/video will do.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2