Racket bend problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by flashback3003, Oct 5, 2010.

1. flashback3003

flashback3003 Regular Member

Hey i dont think this is considered as a broken racket so i decided to post this here :)

So my problem is: My Victor sw35 has a very slight bend in it. Around a 1-3 degree bend strarting from the middle of the head of the racket (around 9&3 o'clock area).

What i did to test if my racket was that i placed the frame of my racket flat on a table and having the shaft away from the table, i used a finger and pressed down on the top of the frame, i tested both sides and found a slight bend in my racket frame:mad:

I have never clashed, dropped, thrown my racket before and had it for about 3 months now. Its was strung at 24 lbs so there wouldnt have been a problem in the tension being too high. (just snapped 2 days ago:crying:) So will this be a problem in the near future:confused:

Thank you for helping, cheers:D

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

What table you used? maybe the table is not 100% flat :)

3. flashback3003

well i tried in a cabinet table and desk, its bent:(

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Did you cut the strings out straight away, or are they still in the racket/you left the racket a while before cutting the strings. If you left the racket a while the frame could deform due to uneven tension, and or, if you left it with the strings in it for a period of time, and it got knocked in your bag, (for example, when loading into the car boot, journeys in car boot.) it could deform, if there is uneven tension.

5. flashback3003

Ahhhh i see, and yes i cut them out the right way. Could it possibly deform in the bag ?because its position is slanted(old old bag):).

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you rest the racket head on a flat surface, how many millimeters does the racket head warp up by? the highest point.

if you think about it, a modern carbon fiber racket head is very strong. a strung racket can easily endure over 1500 pounds of forces on it by the string alone. and also a tremendous amount of force on it during a high impact smash. putting it slightly slanted in the bag will have zero effect on the racket itself.

the other strange part is that usually when the head is bend, or "warped" like you have describe, the tremendous amount of forces acting on it by the string will result in a catastrophic collapse.

7. flashback3003

Thank you for your knowledge kwun:D
    and i forgot to mention that its from the 3/9 o'clock point towards the t-joint, it has about a 1-2 mm bend. Will any effects appear in the long run:confused: