When Drinking Water.......

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by ilostmybrain, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ilostmybrain

ilostmybrain Regular Member

Student
    Every time i finish a game during a tournament, i go to my bag and gulp down an entire/almost an entire 500 ML bottle of water, my coach tells me not to drink too much or i will end up throwing up, but I've did this for a long time and nothing happened to me.

Should i follow my coach's instructions and and only take sips of water, or should i not listen?

2. kevinboyz

kevinboyz Regular Member

he is your coach. Listen to him :)

3. hc911

hc911 Regular Member

Doing any sports with too much water in your stomach may end up throwing up. Common sense.
    However, how much is 'too much' is different for everyone.

4. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

you can still drink that much water, but it is much better for you if you sip 250ml in the game and 250ml after.

5. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    yeah, split it up, it will give you much better flow. Try for instance 10x50, 5x100, etc.

6. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    It is better to take some more regularly than to take it all in one go. I am not saying 500ml is too much, as it might not be for you. The more tired I get, the more I need to drink. however, having a quick sip during the game is an excellent idea. Even if we don't feel thirsty, our body can still be dehydrated, which actually prevents us playing our best. So by having a quick sip at half time (11 points) you will ensure you play your best in the second half as well. I think drinking so much in one go is more of a problem if you have to go on and play soon afterwards or not. If you have a longer time to wait, drinking like that probably won't be an issue. Doing this in training however, will probably result in throwing up.

Ultimately you decide :) If you don't sweat much, you don't need to drink so much.

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    If you watch International Games , Like Lee chong Wei , they only drink 1 Drip or the most 1 mouth , drink too much u become more tired!

8. ananthu

ananthu Regular Member

Student
    Throwing up is not the only issue if you drink too much water your movements become slower cause of the water in you stomach and if i do it i experience stomach pain. Its more effective to take small sips than gulp down an entire bottle.