Top gear

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by RSLvictorSOTX, Oct 5, 2010.

1. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Posted by: Vijay Pattni, 05 October 2010

[​IMG]

The Dark Lord of Supercar Death has come among us again to remind mortals we are at His mercy.

A Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport - worth £1.5 million - has crashed while travelling at 125mph on an Autobahn in Germany. Crashed with a LORRY.

Apparently the Veyron was stretching its legs when another motorist pulled out to overtake a 16-wheel juggernaut. The Veyron driver couldn't react in time, tried to push through between the gap of the truck and the overtaking car, and ended up merging with the left corner of the truck in a non-harmonious fashion.

All three drivers came away unharmed. The Veyron did not. Estimates put the damage at around £350,000, while the lorry - which crashed into a guardrail - had to be lifted upright with a CRANE. Yikes.

It's the first reported accident of a Veyron Grand Sport; a largely fast motor capable of 223mph with the roof off. Bugatti has delivered just 22 drop-top Veyrons worldwide.

We can only hope this doesn't signal another Crashed Supercar month like earlier this year. They are not good months.
    (Pic courtesy of SWNS)

2. RSLvictorSOTX

[​IMG] Featured car - Lambo Sesto Elemento: gallery

It's finally here - the sensational Lambo concept has hit the Paris motor show. And it's Awesome...

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:cool: I guess those new rackets will just have to wait some more :D.

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about the tv program, called Top Gear. :)

5. RSLvictorSOTX

Well it is, but I thought I'd start with a MILLION-QUID:cool: car crash instead of the trio's (or is it 4 if you include ''the Stig''?) wheels talk!

6. RSLvictorSOTX

Photos

[​IMG]

SSC: new fastest car in the world?

Want to know what 1,200 horsepower feels like? In a car that weighs a third less than a Bugatti Veyron? It's violent, bonkers, near malicious. A crush on your body, a blur on your vision. As magnetic and sinister as peering over the edge of a cliff at crashing waves hundreds of feet below. A headlong rush - a physical one towards the far-distance, and a metaphorical rush towards the edges of your own self-restraint that, for me at any rate, exposes a gaping shortfall of skill to make the best of torque that can, because there's no traction control, produce extravagant wheelspin in the first three gears and occasionally in fourth beyond 100mph. In the dry.

But that's an original I'm driving. The spectacular white car in this gallery is its yet-unnamed replacement. Which will have some vital driver aids, but will also have another 150-odd horses, better aero and a whole lot less weight. Oh. Good. Grief.

Words: Paul Horrell
    Photos: Ripley and Ripley