English senior tournaments

Discussion in 'UK' started by charliebadders, Oct 8, 2010.

1. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    hey guys
    never entered a tournament before and as i'm 17 now i can't enter for under 17s. In your opinion how hard do you think the U19s, bronze or silver senior tournament will be for me? just wondering because its quite expensive(i'm a student) and most places would take 2 hours of so to get to and if its a too hard level i would just get stuffed every game :p i use to train with junior county twice a week for a couple years but quit last year because they changed days and my mum couldn't take me. now i play doubles and mixed in local leagues both at division 1.
    thanks in advance guys :)

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    As you expect under 19 tournaments are a very high standard. I'm not sure that they all have gold, silver and bronze standards.

What you should do is check out your local tournaments including satellites and orbitals. It may be that you go and watch a tournament and get a feel for the standard. Once you've seen the standard you'll then have your answers. Either you'll take the plunge and enter a tournament or you'll know what you need to work on.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk