Need shoe suggestion

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by shuttlebasher, Oct 8, 2010.

1. shuttlebasher

shuttlebasher Regular Member

Student
    Now that i'm in highschool badminton I think it's about time I get a real pair of court shoes instead of these running shoes which slide around. :rolleyes:

I'm flat footed currently use an orthodic insole, size 11.5US

So far money is no object so I looked at SHB-101ltd, SHB-200, Mizuno wave smash wide.

Victor SHW8000. Any of those good? or anymore?

2. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

I have SHB 200 with orthotic insole also. the first 3 models you stated are considered top end. I still get some foot pain with the SHB 200 and they are suppose to be 1 of the more shock absorbing shoes. Is your orthodic insole a custom 1 that is made of Hard plastic? you may want to try fitting the orthodic under the insole and see how it feels.

3. shuttlebasher

Student
    Yes my orthodic insole is custom to fit. So they did the molding process to make it. Not sure what you mean by hard plastic because it's kinda flexible near the toes but gets harder where the arch would be. O and what do you mean fitting the orthodic under the insole? Does that mean taking out the sole of that shoe and putting it mine inside, because that's what I do with my current shoes.

For some reason the SHB200 looks kinda dull, almost like the SHB-92M. Anymore suggestions / experiences, I don't really mind in a super shockaborbing because I Have many orthodic insoles that can do the job for me.

4. shuttlebasher

Student
    I'm still kinda confuse about picking out a good shoe. Any suggestion please, the shoe review is kinda outa date so current shoe recommandation would be helpful.

5. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

I guessing you have the full orthodic insole not the slippins. Badminton is pretty demanding on footwear & insoles on average most people would have to change their badminton insoles once a year. How durable are yours?

For flat feet the 200SBH or Mizuno in the wider format are the best choices i've seen so far. Do you have wider feet than normal? If so the 101 will not be a good fit for you most likely.

To be honest all the top models from all the badminton shoe company are good.
    Yonex, Mizuno, Victor all have very good models. Also there is Karakal (Europe), Apacs, Hiqua (Asia). Once you spend more than $75 I would say the fit and comfort is going to be more important than any feature 1 shoe will have over the other. So if you are able to try them on at the shop, I would recommend the one that fits you well over any particular model.

6. shuttlebasher

Student
    I change my insoles once a year. THey don't seem to wear out because of the material on top but still very comfortable. I still have a sole from 2 years ago still excellent shape. Another 3 years ago has some wear but those I use in my casual shoe.

I guess I'll just buy the best shoe I can afford then. Thx Vipjun.

7. HardSmasher

HardSmasher Regular Member

Senior Engineer
    I have changed my SHB200 insole to gel insole. Feeling better.

8. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Well I got Yonex SHB85 EX is quite comfortable. I had shb 200 which I bought last year and gave it to someone.

So I was on the market for a new shoe.

First I tried Asics gel blade 3, I felt pain and ended up with a bruise, so then tried Yonex shb 92, but that had too much arch support that it was quite noticalbe and felt not right. So at the end tried shb 85 ex, felt much more cofortable but I had to get a higher size than normal, even with Yonex.