Alpha Axis Pro VS Alpha Revo 4000

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by PopsiclePete, Oct 9, 2010.

1. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

Hey Everyone,

After much intense searching and trying to comprehend what is required for someone to string I've decided on one of these two machines:

please throw any and ALL suggestion in for either of the two machines. I know the Axix Pro is $150 more than the Revo...and I do NOT want to go above and beyond that price. Heck, I'm already stretching my budget. Which one would make more sense for someone who snaps strings approx twice a month (nangy 98) .

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you should give Mark Gonzalez of Alpha a call and ask him about his opinion. AFAIK, they are very similar machines with the major difference being one has stand and one don't.

do you need tennis function? if not, consider the Alpha Shuttle Express (not sure if they have it in stock yet, ask Mark)

3. PopsiclePete

Hey Kwun

I do not plan on stringing tennis rackets, perhaps I will call Mark and see what he has to say. Better yet, does anyone have his email address?

BTW I know you're a big fan of the ASE...any major difference between the ASE and the REVO??

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the difference is that the ASE don't have fixed clamp. weight around 10 lbs (instead of probably 50-100lbs) and that it is $300 cheaper. you can save that money, and then use it for a WISE electronic head later on. which will be miles better than the Axis' crank.

5. PopsiclePete

hey Kwun, one final questions...

Do you know if Mark has an account on here? I've emailed them with no response and I really would like to get something in the next week.

Cheers

6. 10splayer01

10splayer01 New Member

looking into selling

Looking into selling a 2 months old alpha axis pro its an ugpraded version
    more details email me @ lottinchan@gmail.com