Activities/Ideas for coaching f/h smash, f/h lift, b/h lift and b/h net kill

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by Turboscool, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Turboscool

Turboscool New Member

Coach
    Hi

I'm looking for some help and ideas for activities and session plans I could use when coaching the following shots;
    - Forehand Smash
    - Forehand Net lift
    - Backhand Net Lift
    - Backhand Net Kill

Any level from beginner to advanced practices would be useful for groups of 2-4.

I'm currently taking my level 2 coaching award in the UK but I haven't had a great deal of coaching as a player myself so although I can demonstrate the technique used for these shots I'm short of ideas about how I can help others to practice them - the simpler the better to an extent.

I'm hoping to become a multi-sports coach and chose badminton as my first sport in order to get on the coaching path mainly because of my enjoyment for the sport. Once I've passed i'll only be coaching kids and beginners but the course requires me to demonstrate much more advanced knowledge.

I'd be particularly interested in tactical practices.

Look forward to hearing your ideas.

Thanks

2. disownedgary

disownedgary Regular Member

Badminton coach
    Hi there,
    1) Forhand smashing things to take note -Contact spot ( slightly infront of you, no slicing of shuttle force down) for beginner dun be afraid of smashing into the net if not your shuttle will be flooding more of the time.

BOdy movement- racket up, body and arm follow through as u smash. Main force of smashing come from your wrist elbow then shoulder.

3. disownedgary

Badminton coach
    Just a tips but how it goes i guess its quite hard to express using text :D you can give it a try.

4. Turboscool

Turboscool New Member

Coach
    YAY, a reply!!

Thank you for you response, I welcome all tips like this. I think it's good to get a broad perspective of things and especially for beginners it's good to focus on a couple of really useful teaching points which they can work on rather than overload them.

I passed my badge so I'm now a qualified coach and i've already started coaching beginners, but I've got a lot of learning still to do.

:)

5. disownedgary

Badminton coach
    Haha congrats cont to work hard :D