Different Types of Drills

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wildstyler, Mar 2, 2003.

1. wildstyler

wildstyler Regular Member

student
    canada in the school year and hong kong in the sum
    Hello to all!

This topic just came to my mind, it is that what kind of drills do you guys and gals do at your club or by yourslef to improve. Also, how long do you guys do it for? I know it's kind of a private question only members of the club should know, but I'd like to know what kind of drills so that I could do some.
    Thanks

Wildstyler

2. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Does Chase after Cars and Busses count? :D
    I mean... I wouldn't really call this a drill... but I do it pretty often and I guess the sprinting does help build leg muscles ;)

3. wildstyler

wildstyler Regular Member

student
    canada in the school year and hong kong in the sum
    Well, I guess it is useful to train by chasing buses and cars, but it's only a tiny bit of help. BTW, I've read in a book that going on your tippie-toes all the time could help you in something but I don't know.

4. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Yes yes!! that helps build ur calf muscles. I used to only walk/run on my toes for a month or two back a yr ago. I remember that my calfs were much fitter and much stronger back then. But from somewhere I heard it was bad for the knees I stopped doing it cuz I had REALLY REALLY bad knees bak then

5. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

we do lots of drills. we have several driving drills and smashing drills which involve 3 to 4 people. we do clear, clear, drop, drop full court for about 2 min. We do that twice in a row for 2 min. Then we do clear, smash, drop for 2 min, twice in a row. We also do some drills where we have 2 feeders, 1 returner, and 1 bird gatherer. The first feeder clears it to the back, the returner smashes, the second feeder throws a bird over the net and the returner kills it. The bird gatherer gathers all the birds which is actually tiring. Then we do shuttle drills, placing two birds at the corner and we have to do it in under 1 min 15 secs. We do it twice in a row and if anyone fails to do it in under 1 min 15 secs. The whole group that was doing the shuttle drills during that time have to do it again until everyone does it under that time. After that, we start conditioning. We run, do lots of pushups and jumping jacks which is really tiring after drilling for the past 2 hours and 40 min.

From 3 - 5:40 we drill. From 5:40 to 6:00 we condition. Unless we drill from 3 - 6 and condition from 6 - 7.