Strings that would perform better than Yonex BG 68ti? Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kmyj92, Oct 13, 2010.

1. kmyj92

kmyj92 Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.

I'm currently using Wilson [K]factor series [K]lite badminton racket stringed with bg68ti 22lbs.

After playing with BG 68ti for few months, I came up with the following comments.

Pros:Good repulsion, Sharp hitting sound, Durable.

Cons: Slippery surface, hard feeling? the shuttle wouldn't bounce far away without exerting much force. Some times I make mistakes with net plays due to this problem.
    It is kind of hard to play control with it at first but I got used to it after 1 month.

Are there any recommendations from experienced players about trying other strings?

I love to play control + power plays. I believe mixing both of them are superb. Only smash when the time is right to end the rally. (I prefer strings that enable me to unleash a powerful smash from baseline).

Are there any suitable strings for me? I've tried Yonex BG 66 but the tension worn out very quickly before the string broke. How about Yones BG 85 or Yonex Nanogy 98? :confused:
    Thanksss :)

2. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Strings I've used in the past are BG65, BG65ti, BG68Ti, Nanogy 95, Bg80. BG70pro. Ashaway Microlegend.

Of those BG80 was the best for me, good power and feel & feedback for net shots. That was until I tried Ashaway Zymax 67, absolutely superb! I've strung over 200 rackets with it without any complaints.

3. what07

what07 Regular Member

You can't really go wrong with BG-80. :)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree with BG80. a good balance between power, feel, durability, longevity and cost.

5. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Longevity sounds... hmmm:p A very big word.

I do agree with bg80. Hard feel, durable, feel. What more can we ask for?:D

6. shadowfuri

shadowfuri Regular Member

Student
    Is hard feeling really such a good thing? For a person who likes to drop alot, I'm guessing that they want a softer feeling when hitting the shuttle, so BG 80s would be bad for them?

7. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    NBG98 is more powerful than BG68TI but it's also more slippery. IMHO i can't really tell a difference with the control between strings but this may be just me.

BG80 is the way to go if you want a balance of everything. Power, control and durability

8. kmyj92

kmyj92 Regular Member

Student
    lol.. Sorry guys. Late reply. Thanks a lot for the comments though.

I just came back from badminton and I broke my Bg68ti on my Klite while smashing =.=..
    Hrm.. I have a good reason to try a new string now.. Haha

I've checked the price of Bg-80. It's selling at 27$ + stringing here in South Australia but the price of Nanogy 98 is 28$. Just 1 dollar difference. What do you think? Should I try Nanogy 98 or Bg80?

9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I'll still go with BG80 due to its texture. Especially since you do not like slippery strings. NBG98 is not as slippery as the 68Ti but is closer to 68Ti than BG80 -- mainly because BG80 is rough.

10. kmyj92

kmyj92 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the comments. I've changed my string to Bg-80. Just got my racket back and tried it yesterday. I'm so satisfied with the roughness of the string as it provides awesome control. I'm playing better with net and drop shots. Power play is decent too.

Satisfied!

Thanks guys.. :D

11. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    good for you :) happy playing

12. lee07

lee07 Regular Member

student
    bg 80 the best!!

13. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I went from 68Ti to NGB98 and now I'm using Zm67/Zm62 hybrid. Works good at 27/29lbs tension!

14. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

Well the ng98's are the combination of 80 and 95's...good control, good power. I know you said you're satisfied with the 80's and I currently use both 80's and 98's, but prefer the 98's.

I have an older kfactor as well and I find the due to the large head size, the 98's play better in it giving me more power on off balance shots.

However, there is also the victor vs-850 that you may consider trying. It is a great cheaper alternative to bg80 but for now only 4 colours available. If you are willing to order online, all the strings you want to try become significantly cheaper.