Tantrum 300 vs BraveSword(#?) vs Panda Power Trinity

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by monkeykenny, Oct 13, 2010.

1. monkeykenny

monkeykenny New Member

Hi, I've used Armortec 900T before and felt it wasn't very fast on defense. I'm currently using the Woven 8 and it feels better. However I'm still looking for a new doubles racket. I'm looking for a doubles racket that will give me both the power in the back for smashes and would work as a good defense racket as well.

I don't have very good control of my net shots and any racket that can help me with that would be great, but I'm more about the attack in the back and the defense.

I'm currently looking at Tantrum 300, any of the Brave Swords, and Panda Power Trinity. Any recommendations? If you guys think another racket would be better for me let me know!

2. Erique

Erique Regular Member

I have both Tantrum 300 and Panda Power Trinity 2. Both rackets has similar stiffness and are good for all around double player. It also depends on the string tension which should suit your power. As for Panda Power Trinity you can order the racket with your preference of BP and Weight, but for Tantrum 300 the specification is less accurate. I have two pieces of Tantrum 300 which are 3U, but have different weight and BP. Other than that both are my go to rackets. I have similar playing style like you, likes to attack and defense.

3. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

what was the weight and BP specs of your Tantrum 300 ?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

T2 85g 288mm bp FTW!
    fast AND powerful!

or you could wait for more reviews of the new Precision to see if that fits you better...

5. Sen_jie

Sen_jie Regular Member

Student
    i am currently with my T2(85.7g 287bp) for double play. I will say it is a excellent racket to go with. fast racket with good punch. If you are more of a smasher, i will suggest you get a T2 86g with BP of 295. It should fit perfectly into your game.

Cheerio

6. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Agreed with above. I have BS 11 3U and 4U and T2. Among all the T2 is the best in terms of def and attack. You just cannot go wrong with panda. My is 285bp 85.5g it is slight head heavy but if u are a big smasher, get 295g because if u grip it thick, the head heaviness will be lose if 285 and below

7. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

Yea everyone say to go head heavy if your a smasher, but for some reason I actually hit a faster smash if its head light ~280 bp (after strings and grip).

8. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    The swing speed isfaster as it is lighter. Too much variable for badminton racket