Yonex Sunrise and Yonex Japan

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by chewplaybad, Oct 15, 2010.

1. chewplaybad

chewplaybad Regular Member

Hi, I am a keen badminton player that play twice a week. 5 years ago I started buying Yonex badminton shoes, SHB99. I love them, [​IMG] very light and comfortable.

Today I just bought another pair, SBH101LTD, totally diappointed. Not to mention that it is heavier but they actually cause me a great deal of pains. I play about 6 games today and towards the last 2 games, the pain was so much that I felt like taking them off. But I can't because I was in the middle of the games. [​IMG]

Okay, for what I know, one can buy from Yonex Sunrise, which is a local agent for Yonex or buy from those who sell Yonex shoes that are directly imported from Japan. My question is : are those from Japan have better quality compared to those from yonex Sunrise. [​IMG]

[ My other question is, for the high end shoes, why Yonex produced worse instead of better shoes over the time. [​IMG] ]

Any Yonex shoes expert out there that can enlighten me regarding this puzzled issue. [​IMG] Many thanks.

2. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    i can only say jp versions are slighlty higher ( the price )

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

6 games on a new pair! And complain about pain :p:D. I believe 101 is not as wide as 99 as well but you haven't described what kind of pain and where ...

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

Maybe you have't broken in the shoe yet since there new. I also find the 101 models kinda heavy, probably because of all that tech and cosmetic stuff on the shoe.

5. chewplaybad

Okay, let me recall, I felt like there are two little pads under and around both sides of the foot, the locations are about one quater of the shoe's length down from the toes. Did you get it?? It is at the areas where the laterral claws are located, but for both sides of the foot (the lateral claws are at the outter side of the foot). I felt like those two little pads are squeezing my foot, very painful.:crying:

6. chewplaybad

Ya, they are too heavy for my liking. It is due to the extra tech and cosmetic stuff, I just unlaced the shoes and took a look inside the shoes. I compared them to my previous SBH100LTD, there are a lot more stuff inside. To me those tech and cosmetic stuff are redandunt.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes, that is what I thought it might be. I don't know how much it will stretch but probably your foot is too wide for this model ...

8. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Friend,

I would suggest you spent a little of your time and do have a look at the many of the SHB101LTD review posted before in this forum, by using the search functions. Those "things" inside the the 101LTD are not cosmetic. 101LTD are designed to be tighter (at the front, where your toes are) compared to 100LTD, and those WM suffix models (e.g SHB200WM). Secondly, SHB101LTD is a "high cushioned" model, meaning the cushioning inside are thicker than other model, to absorb better the jumping vibration upon contact with the ground when you land.

NOT everyone likes it, and those that prefer thin cushioning (such as those in ASICS models) will not like 101LTD and may even feel pain at the high cushioning area, such as in the inward, middle part of your feet. (which i believe, is your case)

Whoever sell you this shoes should have tell you the differences between all Yonex High end models. All have different designs meant for different end users' likings. I have been using SHB101LTD for few years and have no pain no problem with it, to me that is the BEST design Yonex has come out in years.

As for JP shoes Vs. SP (Sunrise) shoes, the difference is there, in finishing and long lasting. I played 5 times a week, each session lasting 3 hours or more. After more than a year, my JP SHB101LTD still looks like brand new, can show you if you interested :D (within Klang Valley-lah )

Hope this helps.
    Want to sell me your SHB101LTD ? :)

#8 tckang, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  9. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

Part time online badminton products seller
    well, wat i can say is, SHB101ltd is not suitable for u...
    the higher end it is doesnt means it is best for everyone...
    i have a SHB101ltd myself and it fits me very well... :)
    maybe u can try SHB85ltd or the other wider models...
    shud fit u betta...

10. chewplaybad

Thank you tckang and kkwm83, at least you guys clear my doubts on Yonex high End Shoes. I decided to give it a few weeks trial, to see if the shoes will break in for me... Thanks :)

Btw, I saw there are SBH101-Ltd-Red in the shop, the seller told me those are sent in from Japan "Directly". tckang said they will be more lasting. Anymore?? Comfortability?? Any difference between the SBH101-LTD Red and Blue? I know the Blue ones are Thomas Cup Edition. How about Comfortability? Any comments? The Japannese Version is selling for about RM100 more, tckang, can you comment on this?

Regards.

11. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    May i know which shop in KL? be very careful as i have come across shops that claims they are selling JP (for japan) yonex bags even though at one look i can tell it is SP local version. In the end, the shop owner himself also don't know the difference ! :rolleyes: (Nothing wrong with JP or SP, but i feel it is unfair if you pay more and "thought" you get a JP but in reality it is not)
    As for Yonex shoes, JP ones, the only difference i feel so far is the long lasting ness.....in terms of comfort, design, they are about the same. Price wise, depending on models, some can cost more than RM100 in difference than the local SP model.
    For me, i have no regrets switching to JP Yonex shoes. I only import from Shuttle-house Japan whenever my JP shoes reaches its old age. So far, my JP SHB101LTD is still going strong, serving me 5 sessions of badminton a week for more than a year now.

12. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

It's very true that some sellers do not even know what is SP what is JP @@...
    Some even thought the 'Made in Japan' on the racket means they are JP....
    So have to be very careful while purchasing...

13. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

>15 hrs per week for over a year... those things will outlast my joints!!!

The longevity definitely pays for more than the price difference. I wonder why SP versions do not last as long (and in my experience, they do not).

14. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

Some difference in material used?
    Maybe same material but different grade?
    Most probably that's the reason, which explain the difference in pricing...

15. chewplaybad

May I know which shops in KL sells JP shoes, I am going to KL this week, maybe I can visit them..

16. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    The JP pair i actually brought over to play in Singapore with Sgbad, Mongoose, etc recently so they have seen how "new" it still looked ;)
    Anyway, it surprised me as well. I used to owned SP 101LTD and by the 5th month, it has obvious wear & tear and by the 7th, the right side front open its mouth to say "hello" (i.e open mouth tear).
    Not sure about difference in material but unlike the bag, the JP and SP shoes really can't tell much difference from the physical look. Oh well Evil empire .......

#16 tckang, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If there is "limited" printed on the red one it is not JP version. For Japan it is the regular version [​IMG]

18. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Yup, thnx for pointing that one out ..forgot about it :p This is one of the easiest way to spot SP or JP difference in SHB101LTD

19. lchewmin

lchewmin New Member

Just for sharing. I came back from Japan in January 2011. Went to a few Windsor outlets which carry original Yonex goods. I was shocked to know that all Yonex shoes in Japan are made in China.

20. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    and to what price u had paid for JP version on SHB101LTD? i just bought SHB-102LTD for RM350..and i think it is SP ver. got "Limited" printed on it. :confused:

just curious on price differ...but not to say i will buy JP ver at soonest. :p