User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It must be clear to everyone that logatech's mind is already 100% convinced, and nothing we will say, nor what Peter Gade will say, nor what the Denmark Badminton association will say, can change his opinion.. sure, you're entitled to this opinion, but please don't try and convince everyone else of it - especially when it's such a stretch, and so disrespectful of Peter Gade.

Couldn't agree more with wwcbro... please admin, CLOSE this thread..
    Last edited by kimmiboy2; 10-16-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

logatech,

you really should get your ears checked.

in the video you posted, Gade in response to the yellow card, puts up his index finger and says "one tchime in a tchournament".

that's all there is to it.

i'm chinese, speak both mandarin and cantonese, and i'm absolutely embarassed by how you and others in the chinese forum could have thought that Gade said anything else.

and i'm sure there are others on this thread who are chinese who feel the same as me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro View Post
    Creating a thread with that kind of statement is very irresponsible. And adding 2 question marks at the end does not change that to a question.You could have choose to word it differently. Maybe "What did Peter Gade say at 1:12 in this video?"
    With internet...it is good and it is bad...AND whatever you put out there it stays forever. All it take is for a few individuals and this thing goes viral. kwun could closed, locked, edit or delete this thread but by now this could have copy & paste elsewhere. AND before you know, Peter Gade will be link with racist remarks. AND possibly reputations will be damaged. All those years of playing and having a reputation build on a foundation being a true sportsman...
    With all that, it would at least give you pause to maybe review again the video with a few friends and MAYBE change that thread's title.
    AND in my opinion what Peter Gade says is " one time in the tournament " I think he was referring to the yellow card he got. Did he ever get a yellow card before? After that particular rally, breathing a bit hard, words can sound differently. If he is referring to the yellow card he could have choose to say "first" instead of "one" but English not being his 1st language and after that frustrating loss of that rally based on a line call....english grammar is not the first thing in his mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmiboy2 View Post
    It must be clear to everyone that logatech's mind is already 100% convinced, and nothing we will say, nor what Peter Gade will say, nor what the Denmark Badminton association will say, can change his opinion.. sure, you're entitled to this opinion, but please don't try and convince everyone else of it - especially when it's such a stretch, and so disrespectful of Peter Gade.

Couldn't agree more with wwcbro... please admin, CLOSE this thread..
    Well said. However, I am glad that all the other posters in this thread are cool and not influenced by this hearsay.

I do agree to delete or at least close this thread so that this rumour will not spread any further that it would otherwise. A great player's reputation is at stake and sometime I wish others could be a little more careful and responsible when they create such a thread in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro View Post
    Creating a thread with that kind of statement is very irresponsible. And adding 2 question marks at the end does not change that to a question.You could have choose to word it differently. Maybe "What did Peter Gade say at 1:12 in this video?"
    With internet...it is good and it is bad...AND whatever you put out there it stays forever. All it take is for a few individuals and this thing goes viral. kwun could closed, locked, edit or delete this thread but by now this could have copy & paste elsewhere. AND before you know, Peter Gade will be link with racist remarks. AND possibly reputations will be damaged. All those years of playing and having a reputation build on a foundation being a true sportsman...
    With all that, it would at least give you pause to maybe review again the video with a few friends and MAYBE change that thread's title.
    AND in my opinion what Peter Gade says is " one time in the tournament " I think he was referring to the yellow card he got. Did he ever get a yellow card before? After that particular rally, breathing a bit hard, words can sound differently. If he is referring to the yellow card he could have choose to say "first" instead of "one" but English not being his 1st language and after that frustrating loss of that rally based on a line call....english grammar is not the first thing in his mind.
    Thanks for you comments.
    I understand that you are worried that this discussion may damage Peter's image. But I guess that the truth is the truth. Peter said what he said at that moment, and what I said about it, or what you said bout it, won't change the fact. I want to know the truth, and I posted my views and how I reached the conclusion that it is impossible that Peter said "one time in a tournament". All I want to say is that Peter did not say "one time in a tournament". In my opinion, he said "well, chinaman is chinaman", but this is my own opinion, and it is quite possible that he said something else. I wasn't trying to convince any of you that Peter was saying "well, chinaman is chinaman", and I was trying to convince you that Peter did not say "one time in a tournament". I hope that you understand my logic, now.

Also I am not accusing Peter of a racist or anything like that. I simply want the truth if possible.

As for your suggestion of closing this thread, I recall that I got involved with the thread of "was ChenJin cheating?", right after he got his first world title. That thread survived, so I guess that the mods should be consistent about these kind of discussions. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    Thanks for you comments.
    I understand that you are worried that this discussion may damage Peter's image. But I guess that the truth is the truth. Peter said what he said at that moment, and what I said about it, or what you said bout it, won't change the fact. I want to know the truth, and I posted my views and how I reached the conclusion that it is impossible that Peter said "one time in a tournament". All I want to say is that Peter did not say "one time in a tournament". In my opinion, he said "well, chinaman is chinaman", but this is my own opinion, and it is quite possible that he said something else. I wasn't trying to convince any of you that Peter was saying "well, chinaman is chinaman", and I was trying to convince you that Peter did not say "one time in a tournament". I hope that you understand my logic, now.

Also I am not accusing Peter of a racist or anything like that. I simply want the truth if possible.

As for your suggestion of closing this thread, I recall that I got involved with the thread of "was ChenJin cheating?", right after he got his first world title. That thread survived, so I guess that the mods should be consistent about these kind of discussions. Thanks.
    hey logatech,

why don't you try and bring this up with a news reporter in chinese media?

i bet you, after watching that video, that the reporter will tell you to get your hearing checked!

he will not even bother reporting this item as he knows that he and his news group would get sued for slander and defamation!

cmon logatech, if English is not your native language, please leave it to us who speak English and know how to interpret English, to help you analyze that video properly!
    Last edited by visor; 10-16-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    hey logatech,

why don't you try and bring this up with a news reporter in chinese media?

i bet you, after watching that video, that the reporter will tell you to get your hearing checked!

he will not even bother reporting this item as he knows that he and his news group would get sued for slander and defamation!

cmon logatech, if English is not your native language, please leave it to us who speak English and know how to interpret English, to help you analyze that video properly!
    Clam down, visor. the damage has already been done since it has been widespread in the Chinese forum and there's very little you could do to reverse it and to convince a human who have already have his/her mind set and refuse to take in other's opinions. I wonder why he/she even bother to open this thread if he/she already decided what to believe in the first place.

It is a shame that this has happened. But I guess that's life. You meet someone who brighten your life and you meet some who cause you trouble along the way. I guess Peter Gade is just plain unlucky this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Clam down, visor. the damage has already been done since it has been widespread in the Chinese forum and there's very little you could do to reverse it and to convince a human who have already have his/her mind set and refuse to take in other's opinions. I wonder why he/she even bother to open this thread if he/she already decided what to believe in the first place.

It is a shame that this has happened. But I guess that's life. You meet someone who brighten your life and you meet some who cause you trouble along the way. I guess Peter Gade is just plain unlucky this time.
    no, seriously, imo, logatech and his chinese compatriots should have asked someone more versed in the English language to analyze what Gade said.

in that video, Gade said a few words clearly. "one", "in"
    and he said "tchime" and "tchournament".
    no where does he say "well" or "is", as logatech accuses.

i'm aghast and ashamed as a person of chinese ethnic origin that what Gade said could've been twisted and misconstrued so aberrantly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    Thanks for you comments.

You do realize that this was supposed to be a discussion. Right? So where is the need for this emphasis on wanting to convince the world that what you heard was "something else," and what almost everyone else unanimously heard was wrong.

I just heard the clip on the tudou site for the first time, right now. His diction is so clear that I could not interpret his words as "well chinaman is a chinaman" even if I wanted to!! Looks to me like you've been given the "truth" but it appears you do not want to accept it. Why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMO, to allow this thread to continue is to promote slander, and encourage divisive and prejudiced behaviour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    IMO, to allow this thread to continue is to promote slander, and encourage divisive and prejudiced behaviour.
    well, there is a sum total of only one person on this thread who is hearing it differently from the others.

i'll start the call to "close the thread"...

C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

here is the next alphabet
    L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    no, seriously, imo, logatech and his chinese compatriots should have asked someone more versed in the English language to analyze what Gade said.

in that video, Gade said a few words clearly. "one", "in"
    and he said "tchime" and "tchournament".
    no where does he say "well" or "is", as logatech accuses.

i'm aghast and ashamed as a person of chinese ethnic origin that what Gade said could've been twisted and misconstrued so aberrantly.
    I totally agree with what you said. But, there's very little you can do when someone choose to be obstinate. The poster have already chosen not to believe in what you said before the thread is even opened.

Your message won't get across. Neither will the poster admit that he/she is wrong. What's the point of getting yourself so worked up for although I can understand how you feel now.

Edit: I am all in for the third alphabet:
    O

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. and the next ..

S
    Last edited by kimmiboy2; 10-16-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    I totally agree with what you said. But, there's very little you can do when someone choose to be obstinate. The poster have already chosen not to believe in what you said before the thread is even opened.

Your message won't get across. Neither will the poster admit that he/she is wrong. What's the point of getting yourself so worked up for although I can understand how you feel now.
    Oh, don't worry about me, I'm not worked up... just ashamed of being chinese... just for a few seconds...

E

cmon, help me out here...
    Last edited by visor; 10-16-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A sad day........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post