Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: doubles racket?
10-22-2010, 01:49 PM #1
i have recently been looking for a suitable doubles racket for me, but i've also been confused by the different responses on the forum.
for example, i've been looking into the bravesword series from victor, but i have not been able to determine whether the bs10 or the bs11 is more head heavy (there's so much disagreement about this point!)
so here is what i'm looking for:
1. i play at least twice/three times a week, a total of about 4-6 hours per week on average.
2. i mostly play doubles (like 80% of the time?) and rarely singles.
3. i like to smash occasionally, but i feel that i'm more of a defensive/net player.
4. my current racket is a AT700 (not sure which generation), but i find this racket really head heavy... (sometimes if i'm not very careful my wrist hurts by the end of the session).
5. i think i prefer headlight over headheavy (quick-swinger)
6. my budget is in the high 100s; upto $180 (USD), say?
10-22-2010, 02:31 PM #2
Well the AT700 1st gen is the one with the Yellow "700".
If you can get the Nanospeed 9900 it's the ultimate doubles racket.
10-22-2010, 03:54 PM #3
10-22-2010, 03:56 PM #4
10-22-2010, 06:02 PM #5
are there any other alternatives besides the ns9900?
10-22-2010, 08:24 PM #6
The Bravesword 11 is an excellent racket (if you like medium-stiff rackets). It is very quick, maneuverable, with good control, and its slight head-heaviness gives it good power on smashes too. I have both the BS11 and BS10 and the BS10 is definitely stiffer and head heavier.
10-22-2010, 11:38 PM #7
so i've been looking at some of the rackets available on badmintonwarehouse.com, namely:
as well as the bs10 and bs11.
can anyone offer any advice on choosing among these four? again, i am primarily a doubles player seeking more control and net play but some potential for smashes as well... i prefer head light rackets, and as for stiffness i found my current at700 to be "okay" (maybe it's a bit stiff?) for me.
By London_Player in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 12: 08-28-2009, 04:28 PM
By LADYHAWKE in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 15: 04-03-2009, 03:30 PM
By Burger_King in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 22: 12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
By onegoodsoul in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 5: 02-22-2005, 09:45 PM
By angelus_2012 in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 27: 09-27-2004, 09:52 PM