Comparison: Yonex Voltric 70 and Armortec 900 Power

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Balin, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Balin

Balin Regular Member

I've been considering these racquets lately and I was wondering whether anybody has tried them and can give a good comparison.

2. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    Amortech 900 power-Stiffer feel
    Yonex Voltric 70- Less head heavy, faster swing , more satisfying sound when you hit the shuttle, slimmer frame

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Well the Armotec 900 Power is a good racket iso and etc
    The Voltric 70 is slimmer the shaft is likely to be 1 cm long then Armotec 900 Power

4. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    tried my friend's voltric 70 amortec 900 power more raw power

5. eptan

eptan Regular Member

Hey guys,
    I just recently bought the VT-7 and would like some opinion and advise.
    I M still trying to get the rhythm to adapt the newer racket. Still not use to it yet.
    It's stringed @26Lbs and I play doubles most of the time, is the string tension suitable.
    BTW, I found that sound is amplified when do a smash - it sound quite strange.

6. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    In my personal opinion, If u'r used to a stiff racket such as the AT900P, why would u want a medium flex racket? It will feel odd on the first swing already!! I'm as excited as everybody when this racket was launch. Would like to try the new technology YY put in but the flex spec put me on hold, made me want to wait for other voltric series with stiffer shaft. VT90 or VT100 maybe... ;)

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think the VT-7 is a stiffer racket than the AT900P in the things that count. Shaft stiffness does not define if a racket is stiff or flex. It is the stiffness or youngs modulus of the carbon fibers that are used to make the frame that determines racket stiffness, not the shaft. One test you can do to find out dynamically which is a stiffer (carbon fiber-wise) is to use any two rackets of the same weight, i.e. 4U and find out which is more repulsive. This is the acid test.

8. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    AT900P.jpg VT70.jpg

Bro Taneepak, I agreed that a proper test should indicate the result, but why must YY indicate VT70 as medium stiff if it is stiffer than AT900P. Are their engineers not good enough to deter which is stiffer?:cool:

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I believe they are referring to the shaft's flex and not to the stiffness or youngs modulus of the frame. The best way to test them out is to use AT 900P and a VT 70 both 4U. Try out some fast flick shots executed with a fast wrist snap and listen to the sound. A more dense and higher pitch sound would indicate a stiffer frame. You can have a very stiff frame from wider dimensions and not from stiffer or high youngs modulus material but their sound will not be as dense as a frame whose stiffness is not derived from wider dimensions.