User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Are you interested at all in selling your AT700 IP 1st gen ? I hve been looking for one for ages...
    Nope they are not for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys,
    I'm new in this thread so I'll just start by listing what I have/owned. All my racquets is in "Mint" condition, Never been used or "String", Plastic Handle Grip wrapper still intact in almost 90% of my Wooden Badminton collection and some with the Yonex Cataloque as well.. Not sure if woodies counts in this thread..

Wooden Badminton Racquets: "Dinosaur", Antique mostly from Pre-Yoneyama, Yoneyama and Yonex woodies.

1. Manufactured by Mr. Minoru Yoneyama, I believe its between 1946 to 1957 the so called "No name" "No Brand" and "No company" wooden racquets. What I have is a set of these so-called racquet which all looks quite similar except for the following below the handle grip "Made in Japan and logo "Y"- "Yoneyama Japan".. Other than that there's this wordings like "Hyspeed", "Dunhill", "Super - Speed" and "Super-Flight" on the wooden neck. Anyone out here in this forum familiar with these dinosaurs?? I believe these are Pre-Yoneyama models and then in 1961 the first "Yoneyama" Brand is established and the rest is history....

2.Woodies that I own / have

B1000 Queen Heart
    B2000 King Dia
    B3000 Collegiate
    B4000 Collogiate Deluxe (I don't have this but is in the process of doing an exchange with mu B2000 or B9000 soon)
    B5000 Five Ace
    B6000 Five Ace Deluxe
    B6500 Top Ace
    B9000 Hy-Stainless (Introduced in 1976)
    B9100 Slim Stainless (Introduced in 1976, has a slimer shaft which is as slim as the Blacken)
    B9300 Carbonex 3 (Introduced in 1978, one of the very first Yonex rackets to have a carbon shaft) (I don't have this but is in the process of doing an exchange with my B2000 or B9000 soon)

Also a few days ago a collector offered me a Mint Yonex B8100 Blaken for RM700... anyone out here in this forum who knows what is the current market going rate for a Mint B8100 Blaken please let me know?

Thats all for now hope to post some pics if possible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Superlight.
    You have a very impressive collection of Yoneyama "woodies" I must say!
    My first woodie I owned was the 3000 Collegiate (in all white) And I've used all of the ones you've listed at one time or the other through the early years of my playing.
    I used to have a couple of wooden Dunlop Maxplys, a Top Ace, a Carbonex 3, and also a Carbonex 7. They all since been sold away to a collector.
    I still have a couple of 70s vintage Carlton 3.7Xs but I hardly use them. My main racket and only wooden racket left is a 70s Aeroplane 515 that is much loved and much used (2-3 times a week). It's the last piece I have left of a half-dozen I bought from Emporium many years ago when they closed down their business in Singapore.
    When I finally break it I will take it as a sign to 'hang-up' my racket for good. I have many good memories playing with it and hope to do so some more before it breaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ubootsg View Post
    Hi Superlight.
    You have a very impressive collection of Yoneyama "woodies" I must say!
    My first woodie I owned was the 3000 Collegiate (in all white) And I've used all of the ones you've listed at one time or the other through the early years of my playing.
    I used to have a couple of wooden Dunlop Maxplys, a Top Ace, a Carbonex 3, and also a Carbonex 7. They all since been sold away to a collector.
    I still have a couple of 70s vintage Carlton 3.7Xs but I hardly use them. My main racket and only wooden racket left is a 70s Aeroplane 515 that is much loved and much used (2-3 times a week). It's the last piece I have left of a half-dozen I bought from Emporium many years ago when they closed down their business in Singapore.
    When I finally break it I will take it as a sign to 'hang-up' my racket for good. I have many good memories playing with it and hope to do so some more before it breaks.
    Hi Ubootsg,
    Yes I remember those Dunlop's n Carlton's etc.. n your mentioned.. Aeroplane..n Emporium...Yes I was playing with those b 4 n I use to have a few mint condition Aeroplanes n others as well but have given it away after I started collecting Yonex woodies.. So now what I have above are all 100% Mint condition, never been string or used and I just take it out once in a while, wipe it with a clean cloth, admire it so 2 say n of course sometimes I have the urge and very deep temptation in wanting to string them n try it out ... but never ever have the heart to do so... so its just collection which will eventually goes to my son...n my latest buy was the Mr. Yonex 88 Birthday Limited Edition (Voltric) VTZF88 which is not string n goes straight into my collection...
    Well u keep on swinging the aeroplane n others n if u are carefull it will outlast u..Cheers n Happy New Year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ubootsg View Post
    It's the last piece I have left of a half-dozen I bought from Emporium many years ago when they closed down their business in Singapore.
    I remember this! I went to see their badminton stuff but the discounts were not that fantastic compared to the other goods in the store. I should've stocked up a few rackets but gave it a miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by featherbeater View Post
    I remember this! I went to see their badminton stuff but the discounts were not that fantastic compared to the other goods in the store. I should've stocked up a few rackets but gave it a miss.
    Really? I thought I had a good deal - I paid just S$30 for the 5/6 Aeroplane rackets. Maybe they were happy that I could clear the entire lot for them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex stuff only about 5-10% off. I guess they could return it to Sunrise. Hey Lee, I've never seen an Aeroplane before. Were they made in Japan, Taiwan or ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by featherbeater View Post
    Yonex stuff only about 5-10% off. I guess they could return it to Sunrise. Hey Lee, I've never seen an Aeroplane before. Were they made in Japan, Taiwan or ..
    The Aeroplane brand is a Made-in-China company manufacturing Sports goods like Badminton, tennis rackets and accessories. They were making metal and even Carbon-graphite rackets for a while but now you can only find shuttlecocks being sold here in Singapore.
    The particular 515 model wooden badminton racket I use was apparently first produced in '77/78 for the Chinese National Badminton team as well before being sold to the masses and overseas.
    Rgds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RM750 Damage Today for Yonex Ti10 Limited (Long) and Cab20 SP and some strings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys could someone advise which is more worth collecting. A yonex b-3000 or a silvergray. both are going for about sgd 100+ but the yonex has a bit of discolur on the cone n light scratches on the frame. the silvergray is in mint condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add further to my collection ... another RM260 for Apacs Tantrum 200 and also earlier for the Voltric Z- Force Limited Edition 88 RM650 which I come to know that price has gone down since to RM550-RM560. Oughhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isben View Post
    Guys could someone advise which is more worth collecting. A yonex b-3000 or a silvergray. both are going for about sgd 100+ but the yonex has a bit of discolur on the cone n light scratches on the frame. the silvergray is in mint condition.
    I would go with the Silver Grays...it being in mint condition and secondly I would think they're harder to find than the Yonex.
    Rgds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. they have sone slagzener()
    wooden rackets as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isben View Post
    thanks. they have sone slagzener()
    wooden rackets as well.
    Thats's sounds very interesting. I wonder if they're the Slazenger Flight Commander model? BTW, whereabouts are you from?
    Rgds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Wooden YONEX Collection as I mentioned last year that I will put it up some photos....
    ALL IS IN MINT CONDITION:
    NEVER BEEN STRING, USED OR PLAY... some still with the "ORIGINAL Plastic Wrap" on the leather grip..

Hope everyone enjoy the pics n Have Fun...Sad Malaysia Lost To Japan.

Name:  20140526_084211.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  34.3 KBName:  20140526_084302.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  41.2 KBName:  20140526_084308.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  48.5 KBName:  20140526_084211.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  34.3 KBName:  20140526_084047.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  37.6 KB

SUPERLIGHT RETURN WITH A "BANG""

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again for the pix!
    Yes it's too bad Malaysia lost our in the Thomas Cup, they were very optimistic to finallt bring home the cup after so many years! Kudos to Japan for their determination and Congrats on their first win ever!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast