need help choosing a racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kounter, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kounter

kounter New Member

I am currently using the AT900P, and I am looking for a new racket. I found the AT900P a little too head heavy for my liking. I play 6 days a week, about 2.5 hours each session. I like to be on the offensive side, and my smashes, deceptive drops, and drives are my strengths. I play a little more doubles than singles, and I'm usually in the back delivering smashes. When I play singles, I'm usually a little more about using my shots and control. I'm looking for a new Yonex racket that is similar to the AT900P, but not as head heavy. So far I have looked into the AT900T (which I have owned previously but it broke), the Arc8DX and the Nanospeed 9900. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Well you can try the Arcsaber Z-Slash it is less head heavy compared to the Armotec 900 Power
    The Arcsaber Z-Slash suites all your strengths like Deceptive drops,Clears,Drives and especially smashes.

3. kounter

kounter New Member

Actually, I was considering the Z-Slash at first, but I wasn't sure if I liked the smaller head size because of the consistency. I have been struggling with consistency for a while, so I was hesitant to try the Z-Slash.

4. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    how about the arc saber 9 it is not really head heavy and does not has a frame as small as the arc saber z slash. Arc saber z slash is pretty consistent if you can hit it consistently. If you are not as consistent you can string your racquet to a lower tension so the sweet spot will be larger

5. drew tze en

How dare you ?!! don't tell the person to get an Arcsaber 9 !! (It is Pink)
    Either get an Arcsaber 10 or even better get the New Voltric 70 It is similar to the Arcsaber Z-slash with the consistency and power
    These are the rackets I suggest (Don't listen to lalalala he doesn't know what he is talking about)

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I cannot recommend the Victor SuperWaves 35 enough, and if you are using the AT900p currently, but you want something that is slightly less head heavy and very manueverable, not to mention, it has great control and power. This is the racket for you.:)

7. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    sorry didn't check your profile

8. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Try Arc 10. Less head heavy, yet it delivers great power. Normaly i'd say it's a bit cumbersome but since you use AT900P it will be realy nimble. The sensible all round choice if you like.

9. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    how bout voltric 70?

10. drew tze en

The Voltric 70 is very similar to the Arcsaber Z-slash for its speed and and its weight is similar to the Armotec 900 Power and Technique

11. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    it is like a hybrid, combining two series together, but Arcsaber Z-slash swing faster ;)

12. drew tze en

Yea la I would like to have a feel of how heavy it is if I go to Singapore QUEENSWAY !!! :)

13. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    HAHA faster go lurh, i try liaoz okayokay :D

14. ikcud

ikcud Regular Member

student
    I have to say, The Z Slash took me awhile to get the consistency down properly (Training with birdies constantly always helps :]). I still have my AT900P & T, T2 still and I have to say, I'm loving the Z Slash.

The Nanospeed 9900 over here prices has went down considerably, but Arc9 is still a great racket... even though it's pink. I tend to use the ashaway arcsaber90 when there's a few or my partner steals my racket haha.

15. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    partner steals your racquet! :O THEIF! :p