User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 76
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    So Dory, did your friend buy you the new racquet?
    not yet. but i'm still waiting......... i don't want to be mean and go hurry up and buy me the racquet!!!

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorythefish View Post
    not yet. but i'm still waiting......... i don't want to be mean and go hurry up and buy me the racquet!!!
    At the same time, you also dont want your friend to wait for such a long time, that they then change their mind and decide not to buy you a new racket, or possibly, you fall out with your friend and obvioulsy then they wont buy you a new racket. The quicker they buy it, the quicker the doubt is eliminated from your mind, over wheter on not you will be recieving a new racket.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    At the same time, you also dont want your friend to wait for such a long time, that they then change their mind and decide not to buy you a new racket, or possibly, you fall out with your friend and obvioulsy then they wont buy you a new racket. The quicker they buy it, the quicker the doubt is eliminated from your mind, over wheter on not you will be recieving a new racket.
    never thought of that but if he doesn't buy it until next week maybe Thursday I'm going to ask him about it but he's very sincere so i don't think he'll do that.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    So Dory, did your friend buy you the new racquet?
    Wednesday for sure I think

  5. #56
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,347
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorythefish View Post
    Wednesday for sure I think
    You know, that's paradoxical.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    You know, that's paradoxical.
    ...............He's bringing it to school on Wednesday for sure but I'm getting on Thursday because I'm not going to school Wednesday.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so the racquet that he's brought was used while the one he used was new and then i got yelled at my mom for all the things I did wrong because its been two weeks since the incident. Saying he's taking too long in buying it and me being stupid about saying maybe on buying the used racquet. and then me being stupid about lending it in the first place. Then I got really pissed and still am, etc. But I told him that I want and need a new racquet, never used. So I just called him, he said he gave the coach money to buy it at Tads because the coach is a member of the Vancouver Racquets Club (I think). He said Monday. and he's paying for the fixed one too. I didn't tell him he needed to. I'm going to take pictures of the new one and the fixed one when I get it back.

  8. #59
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,347
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is getting complicated.

    So, he fixed the broken one, bought himself a new one, and then bought you a used one as a replacement?

    Not being very honourable.

    What's the condition of the used one compared to your previous racket?
    If it's better or similar, then nothing wrong with that, I suppose.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    This is getting complicated.

    So, he fixed the broken one, bought himself a new one, and then bought you a used one as a replacement?

    Not being very honourable.

    What's the condition of the used one compared to your previous racket?
    If it's better or similar, then nothing wrong with that, I suppose.
    I feels so too. Its getting so complicated. My coach has a friend that wants to sell two of his NS9900 he used it "a couple of times." (I didn't look like that when I looked at it) for 150 with size 9 yonex shoes. I didn't my friend to buy it because it was used and the one he used was/is new. I said that he has to buy me a new one even if the used one is cheaper. He's going to buy a new one from Tad's and he's going to buy the fixed one when it's fixed.
    The used one I looked at had minor scratches which bothered me a lot and it had the towel grip which was gripped a little bit over the handle so its sticky around there if you take it off. The strings were orange victor BG66. My racquets are strung at 20 pounds, BG 65.

  10. #61
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,347
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wait... bg65 20lbs?!

    That's very low for a very stiff headlight racket.

    You play with feather birds, not plastic, right?
    If feather, you should try bg80 string instead, at maybe slightly more tension 21-22 lbs. Much crisper and forces you to focus your power more.

    But I still think that you're using a racket that's too stiff for your technique and arm strength, if you're using bg65 at 20lbs...

    You should pick a more flexible racket, say Nanospeed 7000, or Arc 7 or 10.
    Last edited by visor; 11-07-2010 at 01:41 AM.

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Wait... bg65 20lbs?!

    That's very low for a very stiff headlight racket.

    You play with feather birds, not plastic, right?
    If feather, you should try bg80 string instead, at maybe slightly more tension 21-22 lbs. Much crisper and forces you to focus your power more.

    But I still think that you're using a racket that's too stiff for your technique and arm strength, if you're using bg65 at 20lbs...

    You should pick a more flexible racket, say Nanospeed 7000, or Arc 7 or 10.
    The racquets were bought in Hong Kong and my mom told them to restrung it. They asked my mom how old I was and she said age. Then they just strung it. It was at Rose Sporting Goods. I play but I don't really understand the stringing but when I was playing it felt loose and weak.

  12. #63
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,347
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Dory!

    Check out this post:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1555981

    Ah Shum works at Tad's and often has some trade-in rackets that are slightly used for sale.
    You can PM him re condition of the racket.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Hey Dory!

    Check out this post:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1555981

    Ah Shum works at Tad's and often has some trade-in rackets that are slightly used for sale.
    You can PM him re condition of the racket.
    Thnxs. Just got the new racquet he bought from Tad's. Strung at BG95. I'll try to post a picture later.

  14. #65
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,347
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Awesome! Good to hear that it's finally settled.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes finally, after about a month. The nightmare is finally over. Next, never let anyone touch or use it. Only bring it to tournaments and regrip it.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These are the pictures of my new racquet and the Jpsee Energy Star 911. Some of the pictures are blurry because the camera I used was a cellphone camera and it couldn't adjust to it so I tried my best. The serial number on the NS9900 was: (smaller sized font, first one)- 9474374 (big sized font, on handle) - 010702CD
    Attached Images Attached Images                    

  17. #68
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The second picture killed my eyes from trying to read the serial #'s

    Anyways we could all learn from this lesson that our precise rackets will never leave our bags unless there in our hands.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I wish for peace in these threads
    By azabaz_ipoh in forum General Forum
    Replies: 128
    : 08-27-2013, 08:22 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 03-27-2012, 08:33 PM
  3. Inner Peace
    By Pete LSD in forum USA West
    Replies: 12
    : 08-31-2011, 01:46 AM
  4. Rest in Peace....!!!!!
    By crashandburn in forum General Forum
    Replies: 10
    : 12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
  5. I wish for peace in these threads
    By azabaz_ipoh in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 2
    : 12-04-2007, 01:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •