doubles racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by adsfjk11, Oct 22, 2010.

1. adsfjk11

adsfjk11 New Member

hi all-

i have recently been looking for a suitable doubles racket for me, but i've also been confused by the different responses on the forum.

for example, i've been looking into the bravesword series from victor, but i have not been able to determine whether the bs10 or the bs11 is more head heavy (there's so much disagreement about this point!)

so here is what i'm looking for:
    1. i play at least twice/three times a week, a total of about 4-6 hours per week on average.
    2. i mostly play doubles (like 80% of the time?) and rarely singles.
    3. i like to smash occasionally, but i feel that i'm more of a defensive/net player.
    4. my current racket is a AT700 (not sure which generation), but i find this racket really head heavy... (sometimes if i'm not very careful my wrist hurts by the end of the session).
    5. i think i prefer headlight over headheavy (quick-swinger)
    6. my budget is in the high 100s; upto $180 (USD), say?

thanks!

2. what07

what07 Regular Member

Well the AT700 1st gen is the one with the Yellow "700".

If you can get the Nanospeed 9900 it's the ultimate doubles racket.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

I don't know... but when my Precision arrives I'll compare it to my T2 and my friends NS 9900.

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

Ya I'm looking foward to trying the precision myself. But darn it's taking so long.

5. adsfjk11

adsfjk11 New Member

yeah... from what i gather the ns9900 is a quality doubles racket, but it's a bit out of my price range (the upper 100 i talked about is an upper range, you see... hehe). So that's why i was looking into the bravesword series, since it's used by the korean team and others on the forum have commented on how suitable they are for doubles...

are there any other alternatives besides the ns9900?

6. inmamy

inmamy Regular Member

The Bravesword 11 is an excellent racket (if you like medium-stiff rackets). It is very quick, maneuverable, with good control, and its slight head-heaviness gives it good power on smashes too. I have both the BS11 and BS10 and the BS10 is definitely stiffer and head heavier.

7. adsfjk11

adsfjk11 New Member

so i've been looking at some of the rackets available on badmintonwarehouse.com, namely:

http://www.badmintonwarehouse.com/Victor_Super_Inside_Wave_32_Badminton_Racket_p/rvsiw32.htm
    http://www.badmintonwarehouse.com/Victor_IW_5000_Badminton_Racket_p/rv5000.htm

as well as the bs10 and bs11.

can anyone offer any advice on choosing among these four? again, i am primarily a doubles player seeking more control and net play but some potential for smashes as well... i prefer head light rackets, and as for stiffness i found my current at700 to be "okay" (maybe it's a bit stiff?) for me.