Arcsaber 7 VS Head Metallix 6000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Atreyukicks, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Atreyukicks

Atreyukicks Regular Member

Student
    Alright I have two racket choices:

Head Metallix 6000 Brand New at 65$ + tax (50% off.... original price: 129.99$)

or

Yonex ArcSaber 7 Used. It's a 2 year old legit Canadian racket. Price: 75$ tax in (Price brand new: 199.99$ just the frame) Serial cone code tells me it was made in November 16th 2007...Does age matter? It's 3 years old...will the frame still be as solid?

I am a doubles player who play in back 90% of the time and I need a power racket.
    Even if I buy the head metallix 6000 as my playing racket, I will buy the Arcsaber7 to resell it for more expensive :p

Which racket is better for me? I read a bunch of reviews and some say the metallix give power, other say it doesnt.... some say it has a flimsy frame some say it solid... Also the head racket has a string tension of up to 28lbs....So which one? a Used AS7? or Head Met 6000?

Waiting on advice from anyone, even if you dont personally own it.

Thanks guys!

ALSO: Not to rush anyone but I need to make a decision by monday morning :p

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

i have had the metallix 8000 tour, and power helix 8k. there is definitely no problems with head in terms of quality. as for 'power', it depends on how you swing as to which will be better for you.