Step-by-step ILLUSTRATED guide for newbies -- does it exist???

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by bdaviduck, Oct 23, 2010.

1. bdaviduck

bdaviduck Regular Member

Hello All,

Does ANYONE know of a step-by-step guide (ie: picture-book-for-idiots -- the idiot part pertains to this author only), that shows one string at a time how to string a badminton racquet -- I admit, I did manage to find some articles and videos on the web, however the articles are too complex and videos usually show pros zipping through a racquet in no time without really explaining what they are doing.

I need the most BASIC of guides, that show step-by-step each string, what hole it goes into and out of (ie: the path taken); where to place the clamp at each stage in the process; how to tie a knot, etc. Surely, someone out there must have produced such a guide -- or is the only way to learn is to apprentice with someone?

Any good references would be appreciated!

2. DoubleDstyle

DoubleDstyle Regular Member

Check out Silent partners website, they have great videos, althought it's for tennis, the same concept can be applied to badminton. Just the string patterns are different. KlipperUSA has string patterns posted if you need some.

3. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

the reason to why nobody has responded to this thread (ok, one has...) is because most people are capable of finding those information and make out the rest on their own; this indicates a contradiction to your belief that there surely exists a complete dummy guide for stringing. there used to be a video guide but it certainly has expired. anyhow, just make logical guesses and be careful, you'll be fine. the materials are all there, you just have to find them and put them together, relatively easy.

4. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Actually each racquet brand often has its own stringing pattern and method - maybe this is why there is no single comprehensive guide to stringing a badminton racquet. As "blindfury" already mentioned, there are lots of resources already on the internet and also on this site.

My suggestion is to find a stringer in your area - it can be a pro shop or sports shop and ask them if you can sit in on a stringing session. I find most stringers don't mind talking to newcomers and have a lot of advice and experience to give. If you were in Sydney, Australia - I would certainly help you string a racquet on your own machine and give you advice on knots.