Broken. Now what?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bob87, Mar 6, 2003.

1. bob87

bob87 Regular Member

I recently broke my mp55. i actually fell...im not really sure how it happened..oh well.

It cracked at the 9 o'clock position. it was still in one piece and playable. it didnt make the same noise and the crack got larger as i played. its now been 6 days and ive played about 4 hours with it. today i noticed that the frame is being pulled in at the crack and also leaning over to one side when u look at the racquet straight on. its a very noticeable bend too.

i have a tournament this saturday and try outs beginning for the school teams. so i think the best choice is to replace it. i want to try a different racquet...i found the mp55 kind of "big". i may be able to talk my parents into paying for half of the racquet. either way i dont want to spend more than what i did on the mp55. the shop in my city sells mainly yonex's so i know they should be easy to get. for the school team i will be playing doubles but i also pay singles. i play a lot of net shot but a racquet with decent power is also good. are there any other brands i should look for? what are some suggestions?

thanks guys

2. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
  3. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Where are you located?

If it's Canada then BK's newer i9xx series are pretty good and it's hard to only spend 135 (Price of the Mp55) and get a good Yonex racquets whereas there are better racquets to buy.

4. bob87

bob87 Regular Member

im not near toronto...calgary actually. i think i might look into the BK though..

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If the MP55 is still under warranty, maybe u can replace it. Even though, MP55 is not the most expensive racket, but still quite pricy.

6. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    If you by chance bought it at sportchek they will replace it even if the warrentty is pasted. I don't know why, but when my friend returned his in he got a new one in return.

7. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Sure it just isn't that location and perhaps the cashier or whomever he returned it to wasn't paying attention to the purchase date? I find that stores like Sports Expert or Sports Chek are very picky about returns.

I have a BK 865 Rapier as my main racquet and it's a fairly good racquet. Generates good power and good for control (I noticed that I can really control my slice now after a huge slice swing). The racquet is listed as a control racquet on the BK site which I seem to agree with but if you have power.. then that shouldn't be a problem to get power out of it. Before I used to think this racquet was stiff but I find it more of a medium stiff now.

8. bob87

bob87 Regular Member

i think im gunna play with the broken racquet and bring a couple back ups incase it gets outta hand. i'll get a new one later.

does anyone know the pricing of the black knight racquets. i920, i940, i960? what is better?

also has anyone heard of forza? they're sponsoring a tournement this wekend and i may have a chance to test one of their racquets out.

9. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Forza sponsors the Danish national squad. I think that speaks for the quality.

It is second only to Yonex and maybe Carlton (in terms of popularity). But they are relatively hard to obtain if you are not in Europe.

Ask the resident professional, Jonas Rasmussen. He is sponsored by Forza.

10. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    All you have to do is argue, and keep argueing. :p

11. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    Are you by chance from alberta? I went to their torniment last year at strathmore, but i am not going this year. The prizm sports guys had the full line of forza raquets there, and i am guessing they will.

12. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Leesbadminton.com sells some Forza racquet. A friend just got the 2200 TiTech CF and it is a really stiff racquet - equivilant or more than the MP100 and Forza is much more durable.

Daryl is the Forza rep in Canada so anything above 200.00 he'll ship free...

13. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Yeh, check his second post. He's from Calgary :)

14. bob87

bob87 Regular Member

yep, calgary indeed. it was the strathmore open. i saw a lot of poeple with forza racquets but was too busy getting beat to give one a try:p i won 1 of 3 matches. oh well..it was a fun time and getting me ready for the school season.

i'll probably check out the calgary winter club and see what the have in stock.