[ASK] How to practice precise strokes at the sweetspot of racket

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by yudhistira, Oct 25, 2010.

1. yudhistira

yudhistira Regular Member

when i play, the shuttlecock sometimes hit my racket frame and not the string :eek: .. or it hits the string..but not precisely in the midle of the racket (the sweetspot)..when it happens..then shuttlecock runs to where i do not want to place at :crying:

my friends told me that i should practice to hit precisely against the wall...is that true? i have 3 rackets, and i often flit rackets when i play, (ex. today i use this one, tomorrow when i play again, i use another one...) is there any effect for me so i'm difficult to hit precisely because of that?

my rackets:
    - ProAce Titanium 8 ( use it much )
    - Astec Titanium 21
    - Reinforce Speed Micron Saber 10 (imitation suspected! :crying: )

please..need advice..thx :eek:

2. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    I would recommend using ONLY 1 until you build up your confidence a bit! Then do as you wish.

In order to hit the sweetspot, make sure that do any given shot you have the correct grip for that shot, make the swing as "compact" as possible - so you just have the bare minimum required to play that shot, and then just practise :) A hint for making a clean contact is to make sure that you contact the shuttle as far AWAY from your body as possible, and slightly in front of your body will help too.

Hope some of that helps. Matt

3. yudhistira

yudhistira Regular Member

thanks for the advice MSeeley :D i'll try it soon...

4. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Hitting against the wall can be extremely frustrating for a beginner. However, hitting against the wall is one of the best exercises for shot timing and placement once you have the basics down.

IMO, the best way to get to hitting the sweetspot well, is just practice proper clears.