Racket shape riddle

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by buddyvanrheenen, Oct 26, 2010.

1. buddyvanrheenen

buddyvanrheenen Regular Member

Hello,

I have a Eagnas ST-250 manual crank machine.i have been stringing for little over a year.

When i string a random racket the rackethead deforms slightly.It becomes "rounder"

Additional info:

-starting pin method
    -2 piece 4 knot string method(yonex pattern)
    -Use flying clamps
    -when tying off knots i use 10% extra tension
    -With crosses i use 10% extra tension more than mains
    -Machine is callibrated
    -Mounting sides arms supports tight(not too tight)north and south supports not too tight

When i compare the freshly strung racket with the same racket without strings
    it's definitly rounder than the racket without strings.Not by much but enough to see it.And it plays fine.
    I have been reading this forum for a while now.Deforming rackets seems to be a common problem for some people.

If someone could give me advice it would be appreciated:)

Thanks in advance

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Try adding another pound to the crosses and check the racket's shape again. This "10% rule" isn't set in stone, and if 15% gives you a strung racket that better matches an empty one, use it. The finished shape is more important than any "percentage".

It could be a quirk of your machine (the side supports settling and allowing more-than-usual "spread", for example).

3. buddyvanrheenen

buddyvanrheenen Regular Member

Another pound sounds reasonable.Altough i saw a tournament stringer with the same stringing machine he teached me while he was stringing.Why my racket are slightly deformed i dont know.A fem months ago i went back to the shop because the side support was moving too much on 1 side the replaced the support with a new one.

I am starting to think that the problem lies with the machine.But first i try an extra pound on the crosses.

Thank you Mark A