Stringing Machine for Badminton & Tennis

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by teknix1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. teknix1

teknix1 Regular Member

[​IMG] Stringing Machine
    Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed at nauseam but I can't seem to find a straight answer. Plus I think I'm in a bit of a particular position. So I need some help.

I am mostly a badminton player. I play twice a week. I also play tennis on occasion (taking tennis lessons once a week during the winter and play here and there during summer). I generally like racquet sports, like squash, etc... So I play those as well. The main issue now is that I'm breaking my badminton strings about once a month to a month and a half. Quickly this is becoming expensive as it's about 30$ everytime.

So with that in mind, I am looking for a stringing machine. I don't really know too much about this, I mean I've been reading online but everytime it's about a machine for either only for tennis or only for badminton racquets, usually not both. I read that two point support isn't great for badminton as it's not preventing the frame from deforming under pressure.

The idea here is to eventually make this profitable. Not that I want to start a business but if I can cut the stringing cost from 30 to 10 or so bucks, I'm making 20 dollars everytime. So an inexpensive one is what I'm after, I'm also afraid of hating the darn thing six months down the line.

The cheap-o ones I found are these:
    Eagnas Hawk 20
    Gamma X2
    ATS Super Stringer 2

Is this a bad idea or should I absolutely go for something better?

I don't have a Rockefeller budget as this is mostly a christmas present. I'm kind of thinking I need 4 point support to have a cross between tennis and badminton. What about the clamps, can I have one set of clamps for both types of rackets?

Please advise!

Sorry for the long message and thank you in advance.
    Nicolas

2. teknix1

teknix1 Regular Member

I'm still doing online research at this point. Looking at the various options I'm kind of leaning towards the eagnas hawk 20. When adding the options I need to make it a racket stringer it comes cheaper than the other ones. I'm a bit afraid of reviews of other eagnas machine, let's just say they're not too great.

Is there a good review of the Hawk 20 anywhere? Anybody here using it right now?

Thanks
    Nic