Wedding Bells for Ronald Susilo

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Sealman, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Congratulations to Ronald Susilo!

Source: http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/10/27/ex-singapore-shuttler-meets-love-match/

Wedding bells are set to ring for former Singapore shuttler Ronald Susilo.
    The Indonesian-born 31-year-old is set to tie the knot with girlfriend Widyana Mulia, an audit manager who is also 31.
    They met on the plane when Susilo was traveling to and from Jakarta, and hit it off romantically after Widyana added him as a friend on social networking site Facebook.
    “Maybe you can call it fate, I don’t know,” Susilo, who is now running is own badminton academy, told The Straits Times.
    “But, then again, fate is just fate. To bring two people together — you still have to work at it,” he added.
    The 2005 Sportsman of the Year revealed to ST that he proposed to her on her birthday — Sept 19 — at Morton’s Steakhouse “with a simple ring”.
    The couple will stay in Singapore despite both having Indonesian roots.
    So what is Widyana like?
    “She’s a very sweet girl, very nice… She really cares about me and we click.
    “Most importantly, she doesn’t mind about my past. She’s read about it before, and she’s very supportive of me,” Susilo said.
    Susilo, who had been involved in three previous failed relationships, used to be one half of Singapore’s golden sporting couple with national paddler, Li Jiawei. His highly-publicised relationship with Li fell apart in January 2008 after they had been dating for five years.
    After they split, Li met Chinese businessman Li Chao through a mutual friend, and they got married in Beijing in September 2008. On 13 October 2009, she gave birth to her first child, a boy.
    Susilo has since put that episode behind him and is now looking ahead, having found happiness once again with Widyana.
    The wedding will be on May 15 — chosen for its auspicious date — will be held at Marina Bay Sands, with at least 250 family and friends on the guest list.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#2 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010