Stringing Methods

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Baddie, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Baddie

Baddie Regular Member

I remember readng somewhere about stringing methods but unfortunately cant remember which thread.

I noticed that my rackets have different number of knots. 1 of my MP90s and cab 21SP have 4 knots while other MP90 has 2 knots and my Gosen has 1 knot. I go to two different stringing shops and I guess the stringers there have different stringing styles and methods.

I do not know which is better (all my rackets are now strung at 24/23), 4, 3, 2 or 1 knot? Will they affect string tension and maintaining the tension?

Anyone care to share? :confused: Thanks!!!

2. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
  3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Number of knots, 1 string/2 string do not make major difference in the string job. It's still up the the experience of the stringer to get your quality of stringing done.

1 knot - there is still really 2, but you use the same hole for both knots, giving the appearance of 1 knot. You should just double check the location of the knot, you will see three lines threaded through.
    It should be easier to get the third string thread into the knot grommet, you need to weave the entire racquet prior to tensioning, or you leave the first knot untied until the end. I've tried a few times in the past, it's a pain in the ass!

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Really don't think there's any major difference betwee 2 vs 4 knots.

However, I've been told that Iso rackets prefer 4 knots (2 string) and oval rackets tend 2 knots (1 string).

However, I strung all my racket using 4 knots (2 string) method due to laziness (don't want to carry over 10 ft of string back and forth). Seems all my rackets working well at this point.

5. Baddie

Baddie Regular Member

Badrad is right, there are 2 knots :eek: but in one grommet so I thought there was only one. sorry about that.

6. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    or you can always achieve one knot by simply tying the two ends of the same string together...:D ok, that's probably not a good idea.

7. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I think it'll become "no knot" after a few hits.:p

Btw, welcome back... your posts per day must have droped by a whole point or two while you were gone!:eek: