So I want to buy the best racquet in the world

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Pecheur, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

It has to be awesome at smashing, defence, drop shots and defensive clears.

Also I want to know what's the best string and grip for all those things ...

Okay just kidding, I've eaten some bad food whilst travelling and was bored so went to look at some of the Commonwealth Games badminton coverage. So popped in to say hello to the old brigade.

I almost choked when I read that Tian He Tang was playing for Australia, I thought it must have been someone else (given her age), then I saw the pics. I only really knew her just after her child was born.

PS Shame on you Kwun for asking a question that's partially answered in your own forum ;)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?33122-Where-is-Tang-Hetian

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games/badminton-story/story-fn6m6htw-1225938429808

Btw I find the comment about the Bronze medal potentially being evidence of a "resurgence that has been quietly growing for the past two years" as laughable, what one playing that is an import via China and Malaysia who was awesome in 96, teaming with our best female doubles player for a decade (between retirement) a resurgence? Give me a break, it'll be a resurgence if we get any new blood.

PPS I'm sure I've mentioned this before, if you have a choice between being coached by a: a former world number two mens doubles player, his partner and winner of Asia games and a few other tournaments, or his partner's wife who was also a former world number two, pick the wife, she was the best technical coach I've ever had (including a womens world number one in singles and doubles).

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Long time no hear Pecheur. You should drop by more often:)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ah, how we miss you, Pecheur. :)

can't figure who the guy is, but the former world number one WS/WD is Han Aiping?

long long long time no see. glad to see that badminton is still going strong!

4. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member