Not been around for many days.....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Joanne, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Well....many for me. lol. I've been too busy with homework homework homeowrk, school activites, etc. Maybe my friends were right to tell me to stop being so active in eveything. LOL. Anyway, I won't be around so much now......too much homework with exams coming up. :( :(

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Homework priority: Low.

Unless the teacher is checking it for a mark, I only pick certain questons till I get the concept of it. I don't bother doing everything unless it is necessary. It is just a waste of time.

Badminton: High.

:)

3. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Yikes. You mean you don't even do yuor homework? Some great student you must be. Are you a student? Just wondering. LOL. :D

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Course I do it. I just don't do everything unless it is required. Why would you just repeat what you're doing? I just do a little bit more than what I would usually do until I understand the concept. Just because you got a good mark doesn't mean you're smart. If someone studies day and night for a 95% and someone studies 2 hours gets 93% then the 93% guy is smarter. All he'd have to do next time is study like a bit more and get a better mark or something.

#4 Yodums, Mar 8, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2003
  5. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol. That's true. But who do you think people will respect more? the person who studied harder and got better marks right? :p :p :p :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

No respect really when you get into higher grades since everyone is starting to try as hard to get good grades to either get in University or to work on their diploma...

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hmmm... A little bit disagree...

Well, I know some hw are just boriing, seems they just repeat and repeat itself forever. However, if u don't think u completely masterize it, and u have extra time, why not just do a little bit extra? It's like, all the pros still do simple drills everyday, not because they don't know how to do it, but try to do it in a more consistent base. Also, some practice (badminton or study) might not directly reflect on ur grade, but really help to train urself to be in better shape.

Here's a little story about myself. I like to set my watch several minutes faster, and about a week or so, I change the time. Say, maybe 5 min faster this week, but 7 min faster next week. Why? I use this to train my very fundamental math skill. Simple addition and subtraction. Sounds stupid? But it really works. Everyone knows, these days, kids just use calculator for everything, even 2+3. Therefore, how many times u see "little problems" around cashier? or, u want to do an estimation while shopping? Or some simple design work at office or school? This way, every time I need to knwo the time, there's a little bit practice involved. Now, I still can amaze ppl in a meeting, but quick and accurate calculation without using a calculator (nonono not like what is 344564635 * 544624234, but simple ones, the ones I can get in 2 sec, but ppl have to look for their calculators for 2 min to even start with)

I clearly respect ppl who don't have to study too much to get A. I can't do it. However, I also respect ppl who study hard but only end up passing. I know they tried, they did their best already.

I bring this up, not to say, we all have to study/work day and night, to squeeze every cal. out of our body, but just say, if possible, give a little bit more effort, it can only be better.

8. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    i agree, nowadays kids use calculators too much, there are measurs in place to reduce the use of calculators - at A-level in UK students aren't allowed to use a calculator in the 1st Pure Mathematics module - however this is usually counteracted by a paper being set that doesn't require a great deal of thought. but they are forced to be able to do long division and multiplication and manipulate fractions.

Fortunately i was always strong at maths and enjoyed being able to wind people up by doing sums in my head faster than people could use a calculator. Even now at work people ask me to convert imperial to metrics units

handy trick at the moment

Neil

9. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    plz define the terms homework and study -.-"
    I dont think they exist in my vocab yet ;)