Apacs Edgesaber Z-Slayer and Apacs Nano 9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KYW917, Oct 31, 2010.

1. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

2. chrisfong89

chrisfong89 Regular Member

Student
    i own a nano 9900 power so i can give some details based on my own usage. I'm not a pro however so sorry if i'm wrong.
    Weight: 4U (85g)
    Balance: Head light
    Flex: Stiff
    the shaft for nano 9900 power is slightly shorter than my other rackets. maybe this gave the impression that it is stiff. not sure about z-slayer but from what i read, its slightly more head heavy.

3. Shadowz619

Shadowz619 Regular Member

If you are planning to buy them. I suggest the Z slayer. I just bought it from badminton bay. Definitely worth it. Nano 9900 not really worth it. But if you are shooting for a stiff and very light racquet... get it.. However, after a while you seek something with more power.... maybe b/c am an offensive type.. but that is my take on it. I suggest the z slayer and the lethal 70. =)

4. aloy66

aloy66 Regular Member

Z-slayer red

Just got a Z-slayer red for a friend recently. Specs for a strung racket (original grip with plastic wrapper) turn out to be 90.4g, BP 297 mm. After putting on an overgrip, it became 93.2g, BP 290. It is definitely a 3U head heavy racket. Then again, Apacs specs is known to be off at times.

5. jean_luc50

jean_luc50 Regular Member

Z slayer is a good racket!

Hi, i bought a Z-slayer red and its even balance. At the same time, i got a NANO 900 power, wich is very head heavy and I can really see the difference.

On the z slayer, i put the overgrip that the seller gave me. I found it a little bit big and heavy, so i replace it with one of my standars yonex over grip. It changes everything. it feels a lot lighter.

The only bad thing is that is seems to have a lack of feeling. But i'm happy with it. For now, I use it more often than my TANTRUM 200 but I think it's because its my brand new toy, so I must get back to my tantrum 200 soon lol. THe tantrum is the best racket, beter than my yonex armortec 700,!!

6. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

I just bought the Apacs EdgeSaber Z Slayer black gold edition. Played with it and am happy to report that the racket really move fast. Smashing with the racket really powerful. One draw back though, need to hit the sweetspot to create the power. So, I only use it when I got good form :)
    Can check out the specifications here http://www.badmintonbay.com/Apacs-EdgeSaber-Z-Slayer-Gold.html

Overall I give it a 4.5 Star ratings.

7. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    For what it costs, the Z-slayer is a good racket. I have an 8DX and a MXJJS and the Z-slayer is the one I use when someone decides we have to use plastic shuttles. It's light enough, stable enough and the balance is good enough for control and power. People have borrowed it and liked it, and offered me money for it.

It's not my main racquet but I'll keep it.

8. henwoqiji

henwoqiji New Member

agree.It is definitely a 3U head heavy racket. Then again, Apacs specs is known to be off at times.[​IMG]

9. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Mine isn't, it's lighter than my other 3U's and it's quite balanced.

10. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

z slayer 4U but specs are 85g +/- 1g (dry), that's like heavy 4u - lighter 3u territory..