What would be a good racket for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Kinderbijbel, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Kinderbijbel

Kinderbijbel Regular Member

student
    Hi all, i think it's time to reload myself with some new gear. I just need some independent intel from you guys/girls. First some information about myself. I am 22 years old, 185 cm high and have an average wheight of 81 kg. I would consider myself as an advanced player. Now something about my playing style: I like to play doubles and singles a lot (mainly doubles). I would consider myself as an agressive player and not a thinker. in game i am trying to dominate the game with fast drives and big smashes. I like power play and not technical play. At this moment i am using 2 arcsaber 8 dx's, 1st racket string tension 26lbs and 2nd racket string tension 24 lbs. I found it to be a quite nice allround racket. But i need some more oomph when i am out of position and need some forgivenes(maybe my current racket is to stiff??) . I live in West-Europe the comon brands are Yonex, Victor, Carlton and Forza. I hop you all can help me with my decision making process.

2. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

try arcsaber 7, victor sw 35
    and lower ur tension a bit so you get a bigger sweetspot so its easier to hit if ur out of position xD

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

also try the arcsaber 10 or Armotec 900 Power, Armotec 900 Power is popular in both Singles and Doubles game
    it is good for you as the type of player you are

4. Kinderbijbel

Kinderbijbel Regular Member

student
    @xseasonx
    first of all thank you for your reaction. I havn't had the chance to play with a sw35, but i have heard it is a good racket. I will certainly take a look for some reviews of the racket. I have played with a arcsaber 7 and i found it not suited for my playing style.

@drew tze en
    thx for your reaction also. The at 900 power sounds quite interesting. A teammember does have the racket, and if he is so kind i can test the racket. @ arc 10: isn't the arcsaber 8 dx the stiffer version? I think i am able to test it also.

But what do you guys think of a carlton vapour trail elite? Reading the specs of it, i think it's suitable.

thx again for your reactions, any more suggestions of rackets besides thes 3?

5. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I can't really say about the Carlton because i play with Yonex rackets

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Voltric 70?

Bravesword 10,11?

7. what07

what07 Regular Member