Lin Dan is still No. 1!

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by xenoy09, Nov 2, 2010.

1. xenoy09

xenoy09 Regular Member

There is a strange phenomenon. Whenever Lin Dan wins a match, it seems naturally that he should win. However, when Lin Dan lost the game, negative news will follow suit.. commenting on his performance, his skills and even to the extend saying that Lin Dan is on the verge of going down-slope.
    All these have of course upsets all Lin Dan fans, including me myself.
    Can a game really tell that much?
    Take the Japan Super Series 2010 results for example. Lin Dan lost 1-2 to Lee Chong Wei. Does that mean Lee Chong Wei surpasses Lin Dan in terms of techniques and skills?
    The fact is, though Lee Chong Wei is ranked world no. 1, he's been defeated by Lin Dan several times.
    From the BWF website records, it's 14-7 in favor of Lin Dan.
    I admit that Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei are no doubt the best 2 players in Badminton Men's Singles. However, from an objective point of view, Lin Dan still has an edge over Lee Chong Wei on popularity and skills.
    A win in the game does not really mean anything.. and hence, there's no need tor flattering and praises.
    1010201751a0b14e79534da767.jpg

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The opinion of LD is not as good as in the past is just an opinion, why so upset?? If you disagree, there is nothing wrong to agree to disagree, why so upset? Your objective will always be different from others whether in real life or badminton, why so upset? :D:D:D:D

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    its just like badminton players. Everyone have different style of playing. ;) I do agree that Lindan is still the one to beat. based on h2h. ;) Until LCW can beat him on h2h, then I will switch to LCW.

But in terms of number of tournaments played, it seems that LCW played more. So it is difficult to say who is better because they don't play the same number of tournaments. Agree? ;)

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

That's just yonex promotional poster.. relax;)
    Li Ning can do the same too:D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    same old story?
    let see what lin dan say in AG