proace LCP800 bended frame, need advice!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by malaysianfreak, Nov 2, 2010.

1. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    My proace LCP800 is not gone, dead or broken. It is the frame that has just bended a little when I try stringing it at a tension of 26lbs. I know the LCP800 can hold tension up to 30lbs, but I think my stringer did some mistake on pulling the string abit harder on the left side, so it resulted instead of a 90 degree side view, it has now became more or less 84 degree to the left :crying:. So this is the case, my idea is to replace the string and string it at a lower tension, maybe 22 or 24 lbs and ask my stringer to string it a bit harder on the right to rebalance the frame, anyone out there thinks this will work :confused:? And any opinion on what string should I get?

2. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    buy a new one should be better...there are lot of choice in the shop...

3. malaysianfreak

student
    But can't I try saving this one? I mean not wrong buying new racket, and strings are definitely cheaper than rackets. Lets say your racket has this problem, and you don't want to change it, what would you do? Would you do it as what I suggested? What's your suggestion?

4. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Are you sure the LCP800 can hold tension up to 30lbs? You mention your frame was distorted at 26lbs. Is the stringer your regular stringer and is he experienced? Perhaps you could try another experienced stringer.

5. malaysianfreak

student
    I am pretty sure the LCP800 can hold up to 30lbs tension, at least I knew that from the internet. About the stringer thing, maybe you're right, but what string should I get? If the stringer is an experienced one, would he know what to do to fix the racket? Sorry, I gets paranoid when it comes to stringer and stuffs, and thanks for the reply though. =D

6. yeoldeman

yeoldeman Regular Member

NHS
    Hi

If the racquet was not damaged prior to the restringing, and only became distorted as a result of the restringing, then I would assume that the frame was not securely or adequately clamped on the stringing machine. I don't think it would be a case of the stringer pulling harder on the left side, if the string tension was preset and unchanged. The best thing to do is to cut the strings sooner rather than later, and hopefully you'll find that the racquet frame will spring back and regain its symmetrical shape again. Next thing to do would be to find a different and reputable stringer - which really shouldn't be a problem in Msia.

All the best!

7. malaysianfreak

student
    Thanks, but I'm not sure. I strung it around 4 years ago and the case happen 4 years ago! I cut the string only recently to find that the frame did not regain its actual shape, was really heart-broken, but thought of having it restring at a lower tension and just hope that it will compensate for the 4 years. Wish me luck, and thanks for the reply! =D

8. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    check for any sign of hairline crack(s). Probably the frame has reached material fatigue & becomes softer than origin (test: Hold the t-joint & head then bend it), therefore cant be strung high tension. Tension should be <24lbs with proace string (cheaper). If still persists, time to get a new.

9. malaysianfreak

student
    I heard from my dad that the racket is kept in the car for quite awhile causing the bent. Maybe its not the stringer after all, maybe is the heat in the car that caused the racket to expand with the additional tight tension caused the racket to bent. Anyways, could my racket still be helped, by changing the tension lower?

10. malaysianfreak

student
    And by the way, there is no hairline cracks or whatsoever. Tested the way you said, nope, no signs of hairline cracks.

11. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    this is the hard evidence, obviously. Observe the racket alignment (view from butt cap to head frame, in between the two center grommet). If it's warped, proven the frame is bent & soften, cant do anything much. If properly aligned, try at 20lbs and see whether it warps (again) or other. Will be good if you could upload photos with & without string.

12. malaysianfreak

student
    I thought of uploading pictures, but the bent is so fade I can hardly take picture of it at the right angle to show off the bend. Well I'll try my best. My dad gave me the green light as to string it at a lower tension, but he say string the sides of the racket tighter to straighten the bended side. I hope stringing it won't cause much trouble to the racket, and I will upload pictures after I stringed it. Thanks for the reply though. =D

13. malaysianfreak

student
    I updated with some pics before trying to string this.

DSC01304.JPG DSC01303.JPG DSC01301.JPG DSC01300.JPG DSC01302.JPG