User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Players with new sponsors.

    I have been watching the SS Master Final and i realized a couple of player who are now being sponsored by different brands.

    Nova/Liliyana - Flypower
    Wong Choon Hann - Dunlop
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro - Apacs

    But they are all still using Yonex rackets... How does this works??

  2. #2
    Regular Member Sgbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder why yonex did not beat "these brands" sponsorship deals. Nova/Lilyana, WCH, SONY are all excellent players and still competitive. Yonex should beat their terms and conditions to keep them.

    It will be a slap in yonex's face if Sony kuncoro were to one day win a super series using a "NANO TEC 900"(clone of yonex at900power).

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then apacs name will rise up HIGH!!!
    SH*T why cant yonex sponsor such good players...
    is it because of Global crisis, so that yonex is reducing sponsorship.
    just like HONDA, they stop sponsoring F1.... due to global crisis

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SingaporE
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgbad View Post
    I wonder why yonex did not beat "these brands" sponsorship deals. Nova/Lilyana, WCH, SONY are all excellent players and still competitive. Yonex should beat their terms and conditions to keep them.

    It will be a slap in yonex's face if Sony kuncoro were to one day win a super series using a "NANO TEC 900"(clone of yonex at900power).
    lol thats mission impossible... there still LD, CJ, BCL, LCW, TH till when is that sony turn lol... Yonex still rox all the way! ! ! ^^

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    baddy earth
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how long those ina players will be sponsored by Malaysia product? any idea?

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally think it is good for the badminton market to have some of the top players sponsored by brands other than Yonex. The reason being, most people know badminton to be Yonex and vice versa. If people find out that some top players are using other brands, they will want to find out more about it and so on.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david07 View Post
    I personally think it is good for the badminton market to have some of the top players sponsored by brands other than Yonex. The reason being, most people know badminton to be Yonex and vice versa. If people find out that some top players are using other brands, they will want to find out more about it and so on.
    yes i agree. i see the trend as positive for badminton.
    Having more sponsors are alway a good thing, i bet yonex even welcome this trend.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with cooler...

    Brands like HEAD, Forza , Victor and Carlton coming into the scene is good stuff...

    But have being sponsored a brand but using Yonex rackets just kinda turn me off thats all..

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    I agree with cooler...

    Brands like HEAD, Forza , Victor and Carlton coming into the scene is good stuff...

    But have being sponsored a brand but using Yonex rackets just kinda turn me off thats all..
    how about their shoes??
    sometime the changeover is not that quick. a player may require certain time period (maybe specified on the contract). We'll see in the next tourament

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,135
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nova/Liliyana wore non-yonex shoes (Flypower) in the mixed doubles final

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    baddy earth
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Nova/Liliyana wore non-yonex shoes (Flypower) in the mixed doubles final
    how long they deal with it?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Yonex is probably starting to focus more on up coming stars. Some of the individuals that left Yonex like WCH, Sony, and etc... are actually nearing the end of their careers and give little or no incentives for sponsorships.

    With the older generations already set on the rackets that they prefered, it's the younger generation that's still deciding on with brands to use. Sponsoring the younger generation like Wang Yihan, Chen Jin and etc... will appeal to younger crowd more.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sabah,malaysia
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why top player are not sponsored by fleet?? i think it was a good brand also..

  14. #14
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaifah View Post
    why top player are not sponsored by fleet?? i think it was a good brand also..
    fleet maybe does not have the deep pocket to sponsor top players now...

Similar Threads

  1. Comments about sponsors..
    By logicalguy in forum World Championships 2011
    Replies: 14
    : 08-12-2011, 02:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 03-23-2009, 05:56 AM
  3. Victor Sponsors Malaysian National Players
    By tecdecs in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 16
    : 11-12-2008, 04:13 AM
  4. wc2007: who are the sponsors?
    By kwun in forum World Championships 2007
    Replies: 7
    : 07-30-2007, 01:24 AM
  5. Chinese Sponsors
    By Makoto Kanazawa in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 01-04-2006, 03:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •