Replacement Strings for Karakal TI-75

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by seanrachy, Mar 9, 2003.

1. seanrachy

seanrachy Regular Member

Technical Analyst
    I own a TI-75 which still has the standard Pulse 75 strings ... for anyone that owns a Karakal racquet what would they recommend as a replacement string.

I also use a Yonex TI Swing Power (SS) which has BG-65TI strings.

Can this string be used on the Karakal ?

Sean

2. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    You should go to www.badmintoncentral.com and look and the string reviews, that should give an idea of what you need. Such as durability, power, control, etc. and yes all badminton strings can go on any badminton racket.

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Actually you do need to match the correct string to your particular racquet. With the latest series of titanium coated strings, and the thinner gauge, and the specific outer layer and inner layer characteristics, if you put on the wrong string, you could get premature racquet and/or string blow-out.
    Karakals are lighter racquets and therefore need the most lightest of the strings you can find, so you need to get the thinnest gauge possible. Also stay away from coatings since these add extra weight to the Karakal and could through the balance way off.
    The YY muscle power heads need the thinner titanium coated strings, with the smoother shell, since there is more movement of the strings in play. Rougher, less coated strings will be more abrasive and will reduce the amount of play in the muscle power frame.
    Older style racquets tend to need more friction, therefore the more rougher shells (ie. BG65) without coating will be better to ensure no string movement during play.
    I think I could actually say all this with a straight face.
    What a load of crap!.. hahahahahah.
    You choice of string - your style of play, your price range and availability of product.

4. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    dude u scared me for a sec lol!

5. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    :eek:
    are u serious?

6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    oh yeah, and color matching is also important! If you have a light color racquet with dark color string, there is more negative pressure exerted by the dark strings and so is a tendency for the racquet to cave inwards - implode.

But on the other hand, if you have a dark color racquet, and you put on light color string, well, it's possible the racquet will explode.

All those previous posts about yonex mp100 racquets breakage is all due to this mainly. It has been a long concealed conspiracy by stringers and racquet makers to stimulate racquet buying. You are now aware of this serious fact. As a stringer I had to swear an oath the the racquet makers society. Since I have now revealed this secret - I am a marked man...

7. ronk

ronk Regular Member

What do you mean color is not important? I like to match the color of the string with the color of the frame :D.

I find that the strings do not need to match the frame too much as long as the frame can take the tension optimal for the string. The playing characteristics of the strings depend on the tension and it is mostly individual preferences.

Ron

8. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    Hi Sean how are you? I've been playing with Ti-75 exclusively during the last badminton season and so far i'm quite pleased with bg65 at 25 pounds. BG 65 provides great pop and control. However during the latter parts of the season i strung my Ti-75's at 22 pounds because my body was wearing out to do play day after day. The 68ti isn't too bad on the strings however if you do intend on stringing high tension the 68ti will feel like a brick wall at 25 and 26 imho however i can't comment on anything higher than 25 or 26. I hope this helps. Oh and yes you can use the 65Ti on the Karakal Ti-75.

Cheers,
    Nick

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    badrad, you also forgot to mention that if one uses the wrong number of knots, the racket head will warp and the shuttle will fly funny and out of control.

10. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I think you forgot the ";)".

I can just imagine 2 months from now when newbies start searching old threads and all hell will break loose!:p

11. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Before changing the grip for a recent tournament yesterday, I had black strings, black racquet with grey textures on the shaft and frame and black grip! I had it all matching then I added yellow grip :) Matching is very important for me :)

Just pick strings that you're most comfortable with. Experiment between strings.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, agree with ur point.

However, I think such effect should bring much more impact on high tension (say, 26+) rather than lower tension. I can hardly think about a reason, the color of string will seriously effect lower tension (24-) unless the weather goes extreme somewhere.

13. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    yeah, you're so right. Hey NEWBIES! If you gotten this far in this thread.... Just kidding!:D

14. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    See... and by doing that coordination, you will be preventing a racquet "clash". :p *groan* couldn't resist...:D

15. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

LOL.... where is the pun police!! :p