Overgrip only

Discussion in 'Grip' started by boey, Mar 9, 2003.

1. boey

boey New Member

I don't know much about rackets... but then I wrapped some Yonex Super Grap over the handle without any replacement grip... is this bad?

2. boey

boey New Member

sorry for reposting.. but 15 minute edit thing has passed.. this is a pretty simple question... and I just felt pretty dumb wrapping the handle with only overgrip... i just wanted to know if it's ok... since i might add the original grip back.. and it's kind of bothering me so im actually waiting pretty urgent for an answer? :confused:

btw.. i have pretty small hands...

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    actually you can repost after 60 seconds.

sound like u had removed the orginal grip to add on the super grap. There is no right or wrong way, it is what ever feel right. Most people put overgrip on top of the orginal grip. You have to know what final grip size is right for u with the overgrip on, that mean u have to buy 1 original grip size smaller.

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    If you just put in an overgrip without the underlying grip, then it is bad as the overgrip hasn't got too much padding.

Did you do it because the handle is too big? If so, you can shave the handle down and then put on a replacement grip.

5. boey

boey New Member

ok thx guys.. i just regripped it..

yea i can repost after 60 seconds but I can't edit the same post after 15 mins..

;)

and also.. can i just use some electrical tape to tape the top?

6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Electrical tape works okay, but you have to be careful not to stretch it too much when applying it on, the tape has a tendency to shrink back slowly, and you get spots of the tape adhesive which can get onto your fingers during play. gets a bit messy.