User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tkh is not a world class coaches?
    hmm
    he discovered lyd,and help england to win their 1st ss title in singapore last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Msia may not be as successful as China on the world stage but Lee Chong Wei & Koo Kien Keat and partner

have garnered enough interest locally to generate an industry, not in the class of China's super league but in the form of :

1) Media coverage- I believe Msia's TV coverage is unparalled, every semi Final or Final is shown on Astro almost every week.

2) Badminton centres sprouting everywhere from converted squash courts,warehouses, shopping centres etc etc catering to night crowds
    enjoying a game after a day's hard work, despite the astronomical court fees.
    3) Coaching centres everywhere from Han Jian, Yap twins, Ong Ewe Hock, KLBC, Lee Chong Wei's coach Mr. Teh,Desa Petaling,Eddy Choong,
    and of course Nusa Mashuri heavily represented also in the BAM coaching set-up.

I think the sport in Msia is more popular than ever and growing and generating an industry, rivalled only by China.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Why Four, Five or Three? Should be BIG ONE = CHINA. . Case closed.
    Yes, we have to admit that's the fact right now. The title should be changed to "Who are the next 4 after China?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The heat is on I guess...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What abut Thailand? Their ladies have been doing very well recently. I think they have been winning more titles than MAS and INA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beside China, I think Korea, Malaysia, Denmark and Indonesia are pretty even. But looking ahead I think Malaysia and Indonesia could be in dangerous. Taiwan, Thailand and Japan is certainly picking up following with India and England.

China and Korea seems to have the best system in producing world class player in every generation. Malaysia and Indonesia are more talent based. While Denmark is like a mix of both.

Who will be there for Indonesia and Malaysia after the current batch???? I can barely think of a single name....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Msia may not be as successful as China on the world stage but Lee Chong Wei & Koo Kien Keat and partner

have garnered enough interest locally to generate an industry, not in the class of China's super league but in the form of :

1) Media coverage- I believe Msia's TV coverage is unparalled, every semi Final or Final is shown on Astro almost every week.

2) Badminton centres sprouting everywhere from converted squash courts,warehouses, shopping centres etc etc catering to night crowds
    enjoying a game after a day's hard work, despite the astronomical court fees.
    3) Coaching centres everywhere from Han Jian, Yap twins, Ong Ewe Hock, KLBC, Lee Chong Wei's coach Mr. Teh,Desa Petaling,Eddy Choong,
    and of course Nusa Mashuri heavily represented also in the BAM coaching set-up.

I think the sport in Msia is more popular than ever and growing and generating an industry, rivalled only by China.

Looks that badminton in Msia is more popular than in China. This is confirmed by many
    good players I met in USA. But China is catching up with Msia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is ridiculous not to include Dan in the best of badminton's nation. Specially considering the size of the population!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    What abut Thailand? Their ladies have been doing very well recently. I think they have been winning more titles than MAS and INA
    Lets see in Asian Games..
    i hope INA women team will meet THAI in semifinal.
    It is a rematch,when uber preliminary 2010,INA beat THAI 5-0.
    Last edited by miksss; 11-11-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    It is ridiculous not to include Dan in the best of badminton's nation. Specially considering the size of the population!
    Very true! This thread gets more and more confusing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, China and Korea have been consistently producing strong youngsters and has new breed. So, they should be No.1 and 2 respectively. Indonesia has more depth in all departments, while Malaysia... well, they don't really have women who are ready to threaten the world. Malaysia's shining light actually only comes in one department - MD. Denmark has a few here and there, but new breed, I can only see Jan O' and Viktor in MS. So...

1) China
    2) South Korea
    3) Indonesia
    4) Malaysia, Denmark AND JAPAN can fight it out.

Those who are ready to topple Malaysia + Denmark in a year or so...
    Chinese Taipei, Japan, Thailand. India, not yet, unless we see more new players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2