Eagnas Combo 810

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by shuennms, Nov 5, 2010.

1. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Club Stringer & Organizer
    Eagnas Combo 810.JPG

Has anyone got this machine & any comment?

Specifications:

Features:

2. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

I got this after waiting for 6 months

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've got the Pro's Pro version (Pilot) and it's never put a foot wrong in three+ years. Regular maintenance carried out, though.

4. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
  5. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

6 months ? it is a waiting time or saving time ?
    if saving time ok ...
    yes, I hv Combo-910, and now modified the support with Michal's.
    going to order a galvanized version of Michal soon ....

6. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

order till delivery is 6 months. strung more than 40 rackets till date. Got a pair of yonex and another pair of mbs flying clamp as the swivel clamps aree quite hopeless.

7. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

I have to admit never testing the stock swivel clamps that came with my Eagnas Combo 810. I already had a pair of the Watdon WA3342 5 prong dual clamps ready to use for my Combo 810 which arrived only 5 days after I ordered it. The new link for these clamps is here http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/acatalog/W___D_Strings_Machine_Spares_and_Clamps_13.html

8. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

thanks for your advise, bsmith:

will definitely try if one dayvdecided to go back to swivel clamps

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i what way are they hopeless? must be pretty bad if you prefer using flying clamps than the fixed clamps.

10. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

When you order an Eagnas Combo 810, you have an option on specifying whether you want tennis or badminton fixed clamps. If you don't say anything on that point, you will by default get the tennis fixed clamps. I wonder if shuennms is trying the Eagnas tennis fixed clamps? Their 3 prongs would cause issues doing the crosses on a badminton racket.

Could be that shuennms does have the Eagnas badminton fixed clamps, but is running into issues where they cannot be adjusted properly, ie. they won't hold the string properly and if you adjust them tighter, they crush the string and become very hard to operate.

On my next stringing job, I will break out my Eagnas badminton fixed clamps and see just how bad they are.

As a novice stringer, I think good fixed clamps makes stringing much easier to do (especially with starting mains) and also makes for a much better quality stringing job. With fixed clamps you can start mains easily, you can alternate left and right of center one main at a time rather than two at a time like you have to do with flying clamps. You can also pull directly on the first cross of a two piece string job, something you can't do with flying clamps. There is also a lot of extra string sagging going on with the use of flying clamps that doesn't happen with fixed clamps.

Obviously, to get these benefits you do need a machine with decent fixed clamps and that costs more than the non-fixed clamp machines.

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The problem with using tennis clamps for badminton is usually the tooth spacing when it comes to crosses. This, and tennis clamps seem far "bulkier" and don't care about our strings as much.

12. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Could be that shuennms does have the Eagnas badminton fixed clamps, but is running into issues where they cannot be adjusted properly, ie. they won't hold the string properly and if you adjust them tighter, they crush the string and become very hard to operate.

Thats exactly is my problem. I do have both badminton & tennis clamps. Overall still happy with the price versus usability. Though trying to justify to get a WISE now.:crying:

#12 shuennms, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  13. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Shuennms, I too am heading towards buying a Wise 2086 for my Combo 810. But the two lower cost upgrades you can make on the upgrade path of your Combo 810 is the addition of the Watdon fixed clamps and the custom side supports from Michal Chudek.

The Chudek side supports give very secure mounting of a racket along with tremendous access around the supports. They are a great improvement over the stock Combo 810 racket supports. The Chudek side supports cost about $50 USD plus shipping.

You can see a review of the supports here,
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/52903-Goodbye-Crank-and-Hello-Constant-Pull-(Wise-2086-aka-Tennis-Head)?p=1633318#post1633318

More can be seen on them here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/79215-Custom-Made-Stringing-Machine-Parts

At the top of the first thread listed is a link to the email address for Michal Chudek. If you are interested, he will email you an exact quote on the cost of the supports and shipping to your address.