Sinamax Badminton Championship 2010 - Details, Guide and Prediction

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by shooting stroke, Nov 6, 2010.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Hai all Badminton fanatics,

Sinamax Badminton Championship 2010 is the first badminton tournament held by the Sinamax Sports Center since its opening this year. Located at Taman Sri Gombak, Batu Caves, this 18 rubberized court hall is also used also by former Malaysia Thomas Cup Player, Ong Beng Teong, as a coaching hall for his academy.

1. Championship Details

Sinamax Badminton Championship 2010

1. Organiser: Sinamax Sport Center

2. Official Sponsorship: Protech and 100 Plus

3. Date: 27th and 28th November 2010

- Entry dateline: 19th November 2010. 11 pm
    - Draw: 24th November 2010

4. Venue:

Sinamax Sport Center,
    Lot 37570 Jalan Makmur,
    Taman Seri Gombak,
    68100 Batu Caves,
    Selangor Darul Ehsan

5. Events and eligibility:
    - Mens Singles OPen ( current national / backup / BJSS and State CANNOT participate)
    - Mens Double OPen ( Current and former national / backup / BJSS and State CANNOT participate)
    - Ladies Double OPen ( Current national / backup / BJSS and State CANNOT participate)

6. Entry Fees:
    * Payment method: Cash
    - Mens Single - rm 50/person
    - Mens double - rm 80/pair
    - Ladies double - rm60/pair

7. Prizes
    a. Mens single
    - Champion = rm 1,200 + Protech Racket + Protech Double Thermal Bag
    - Runner up = rm 800 + Protech Racket + Protech Bag pack bag
    - Third = rm 500 + Protech Bag pack bag

b. Mens double
    -Champion = rm 2000 + Protech Racket + Protech Double Thermal Bag
    - Runner up = rm 1,300 + Protech Racket + Protech Bag pack bag
    - Third = rm 900 + + Protech Bag pack bag

c. Ladies double
    -Champion = rm 900 + Protech Racket + Protech Double Thermal Bag
    - Runner up = rm 600 + Protech Racket + Protech Bag pack bag
    - Third = rm 400 + + Protech Bag pack bag

8. Format:Knock out system, best of 3 set, 21 point rally scoring system.

9. Rules: According to BWF

10. Contact Info:
    - Address: As stated above
    019-3847700

11. Other goddies: Free T- Shirt

2. Championship - Guide and Prediction

Firstly, i'm not the organiser for this championship;). I'm helping them just to spread the news of such event since i've conducted a few badminton clinics with them a few month back while i'm in Kuala Lumpur. Please do contact them for any information. I opted to make a new thread to spread the news of this championship and opted not to used Cheorge Chongwei thread ( Local Tournament) because fear that it will not be notice:D:D:D ( sorry george:p).

For those badminton fanatics who are staying in klang valley and nearby (Wilayah and Selangor) and also from other states, this is one championship that need not to be miss. As a walk through, below will be my prediction about the championship for your references.

1. Mens Single Open

a. Participation

Participation: Up to this date, there are no limit for the no.of participation of this event. Therefore, for those participating in this event, expect for a huge pool of players because of the attractive prize offered.

b. Difficulty: Tough +

Since the championship eligibility allow all former national and state player can play, this is a very tough event. Nevertheless, it is also a very good platform to gain valuable experience for those playing singles.

2. Mens double

a. Participation

Expect a gigartuan pool of player to join this. Not just the prizes money offered are lucarative and attractive, all current and former national / backup / BJSS and State also can't play (i hope the organizer will be very strict about this).....and to make the participation more appealling, it is only for social player;).

b. Difficulty : Tough ++

Since the expected participation are huge, its going to be very tough event as all level of players from all walk of lives including the high intermediate and advance ( non-state level) are going to participate.

3. Ladies double

a. Participation

I think most of the ex national and state are going to take the opportunity to play at this event since they are eligible to participate. Since the prizes offered also is not that bad and also it is an event rarely conducted in any local tournament, they will go all out for this.

b. Difficulty: Tough+

Since all the ex national and state can play, its going to be a tough event.

2. aerongui

aerongui Regular Member

student
    former national player oso can plaY? no hope to win liao if like that

3. shygirl

shygirl Regular Member

Student, future employee
    ladies doubles cancelled?