User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 60
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by JChen99

    Anyway, back on topic (if u can even call this a topic)... There's something about her smile that's quite different than most actresses/female singers out there... that's wut caught my eye and trust me, it takes a LOT to catch my eye nowadays

    btw... she kinda looks lik "zhao wei" from certain angles, but with a more distinct chin and skinnier face
    I agree. Zhou Xun's smile is kinda unique. That's why she can switch between many kinda characters compare to most of others. She's not a pure cuttie, but more like a mystery to me sometimes.

    As for Zhao wei, she's perfectly suit for "brainless" cuttie style. Seems more simple than Zhou Xun. However, don't like either one of them.

    The only part I like Zhou Xun is her song in the movie "Holleywood in HK". Kinda a mystery, with twisted feeling. 100% fit for her own style.

  2. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,494
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    Well, isn't that true for 99% of the shows these days???
    Try the cantonese made movie "Infernal affairs"

    Yes, I know the title makes me want to cringe but actually the story is quite good and the film quite well made. It was a pleasent surprise compared to other HK offerings. Definately reccomendable.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Posts
    1,045
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by TOmike
    the unnatural colours of her enamel? :P:P:P
    haha! well you can barely see it in the movie... iz jus cuz the whole movie when she's in the scene I'd jus stare at her face and look at her smile so I notice

    Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    I agree. Zhou Xun's smile is kinda unique. That's why she can switch between many kinda characters compare to most of others. She's not a pure cuttie, but more like a mystery to me sometimes.

    As for Zhao wei, she's perfectly suit for "brainless" cuttie style. Seems more simple than Zhou Xun. However, don't like either one of them.

    The only part I like Zhou Xun is her song in the movie "Holleywood in HK". Kinda a mystery, with twisted feeling. 100% fit for her own style.
    yah!! I know wut it is now! It's that "confident" look she has in her smile! makes her look smart, or in chinese it's called "Ice Snow Smart" (<-- I'd lik to see someone successfully translate this )... actually, I kinda like pics more when she's standing on a 45 degree angle from the camera, kinda shades out the pretruding chin also, when she's in deep thought she looks pretty good too. I guess the saying (In Chinese) "Ren zhen de ru ren zui mei li" (however u translate that to english... haha) comes into play quite a bit

    All my friends say I lik smart women, and I guess they kinda rite
    Damn I'm so hooked

  4. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well this has to be the best godamn series ive ever seen.. its so mad.. like.. the honky ones and taiwan ones are good, but i reakcon their basically the things over and over, but this.. damnit this is good....
    and also the characters well i reakcon their all mad and fit their roles well, well the guy does seem 2 dumb at first., but you CAN see his sencerity, he is a good actor i reakcon
    and yes Zhou Xun's voice does seem werid at first, but hey seriously... look at her smile.. the first time her i thought she looked like my friend so it was kinda weird, but after the first time i saw her i was like.. 'she actually quite ... no VERY cute'
    and her voice is actually alrite when she ois talking normally so yuh

    and yuh i reakcon this does a very good credit to mainland actors.... LoLz its inspired me to become an actor and singer... actually i was already inspired from before but ITS MAD....

    oh and does anyopne know what the songs in it are called?

    out of 10??? i would give it a 9 and 1/2 didnt like who played Yang Cang?.. not sure if its corect ping yin

    ooohhh and its so sad as well.. one of the only series i only actually felt sad for.. like that part when the hero name Yang... something died and then his wife died to be with him.. sad....

    so good.. wat else can i say the best

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by GuO_JiNg


    out of 10??? i would give it a 9 and 1/2 didnt like who played Yang Cang?.. not sure if its corect ping yin

    Yang Kang: Zhou Jie

    He's the same guy plays "Er Kang" in "Huan Zhu Ge Ge".

  6. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yuh i know he is...
    nuh i dun think i dislike him, but he acts so well it makes him seem evil.. guys i juss dun like his character...
    anyway does ANYONE know what the soundtrack is called?
    plzplz? like the ending theme especially

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry to "attack" this new version of "She Diao ..."

    To me, it's more like a combo of bad acting (at least, picked the wrong actor/actress for characters not suit for them) and boring special effects.

    1. Huang Rong: Zhou Xun. Well, I agree she's a good actress in some movies (Hollywood in HK, for example). However, just don't think she really fits for Huang Rong that much. Yeah, she tries to show the smartness, but I think somehow, she over act on the part of "jealous" and even seems like "hate everyone, hate the world" to me.

    2. Guo Jing (sorry to be identical to user's name): Guo Jing is not dumb, but more like a very "purifed" gentleman. He's not very necessary slow thinking, but the most important thing is "kindness". However, in this version, how many times, I have to count (Li Yapeng) like "Errrrr..." , "Ohhhhhhhh...", "Ahhhh..." Please... Guo Jing is not smart, but surely not always like a kid with 50 in IQ.

    3. Huang Yao shing (Huang Rong's dad): One of the worst. This guy should be a good looking (at least, for a 50 yrs old guy), smart, positive guy. He's the best in almost everything in the world (Gong fu, math, geo, medicine, etc). He's very proud of himself, and not willing to follow the general rulez of public. However, in the version, I can only see a crappy old guy. Seems knowing nothing, but maybe only good at shouting at others and killing.

    4. Special effect: Worst part of the whole thing. Jin Yong's novel is the best, not because of all the fancy "gong fu", but with the story between ppl, the story about ppl's heart. It's necessary to show some "gong fu" style, but this version is clearly over-do. Once the masters come out, they don't have any special moves (someones, more like student's morning excerises), but almost all identical to each other. The difference in a "good" and "bad" is just the amount of "explosivness" they have. After I watch all the "bombs" each masters can "shoot", I can't stop laughing.

    Sorry if this is too harsh for the fans...

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Posts
    1,045
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ending track is called "Zhen Qing Zhen Mei" by... uh... "Sun Nan and Xu Ru Yun"

  9. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok tnx alot i did find out all the songs by actually haveing the patience to sit there and wait for the song name to come up... wow the only series i have actually waitwed for song name.. and i found that the ending theme is
    真情真美

    and the starting theme is
    天地都在我心中

    um hope u guys can reead it,,,
    and can u plz tell me where i can download it from?
    ive tried kazar but cant find it

  10. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    Sorry to "attack" this new version of "She Diao ..."

    To me, it's more like a combo of bad acting (at least, picked the wrong actor/actress for characters not suit for them) and boring special effects.

    1. Huang Rong: Zhou Xun. Well, I agree she's a good actress in some movies (Hollywood in HK, for example). However, just don't think she really fits for Huang Rong that much. Yeah, she tries to show the smartness, but I think somehow, she over act on the part of "jealous" and even seems like "hate everyone, hate the world" to me.

    2. Guo Jing (sorry to be identical to user's name): Guo Jing is not dumb, but more like a very "purifed" gentleman. He's not very necessary slow thinking, but the most important thing is "kindness". However, in this version, how many times, I have to count (Li Yapeng) like "Errrrr..." , "Ohhhhhhhh...", "Ahhhh..." Please... Guo Jing is not smart, but surely not always like a kid with 50 in IQ.

    3. Huang Yao shing (Huang Rong's dad): One of the worst. This guy should be a good looking (at least, for a 50 yrs old guy), smart, positive guy. He's the best in almost everything in the world (Gong fu, math, geo, medicine, etc). He's very proud of himself, and not willing to follow the general rulez of public. However, in the version, I can only see a crappy old guy. Seems knowing nothing, but maybe only good at shouting at others and killing.

    4. Special effect: Worst part of the whole thing. Jin Yong's novel is the best, not because of all the fancy "gong fu", but with the story between ppl, the story about ppl's heart. It's necessary to show some "gong fu" style, but this version is clearly over-do. Once the masters come out, they don't have any special moves (someones, more like student's morning excerises), but almost all identical to each other. The difference in a "good" and "bad" is just the amount of "explosivness" they have. After I watch all the "bombs" each masters can "shoot", I can't stop laughing.

    Sorry if this is too harsh for the fans...

    ok 1)... how is zhou xun bad ?... like seriously? shes just right for the part, she is smart in this movie, and she doesnt show that much jeoulusly, in fact almost none at all, just a little at the end .. near the end and i know that in the book she is ment 2 b all hypo, but seriously... how nnoying would it b to see a hypo girl jumping around the screen all the time? just image image cing the crazy gurl from 'Cow Village', niu jia tzun, like Guo Jings home, like how annoying was she, and that was only for a couple of seconds, image a main part as hypo as that ALL the time... like WTF

    2) in the book Guo Jing is not dumb but does not speack much.. how would u expect to transfer that onto film? like have the main character almost never speack? common think about it... and i think Li Yapeng has a good chemistry with Zhou Xun... and it works well...

    3) Huang Yao Shing isnt even the main character, so how would u know that he isnt good at all those oda stuff? and how da hell r u ment 2 stay good lookin @ 50 yrz ov age? and also he shows the part of a compasiontate father very well

    4) ok these special effects aint bad at all, at least they didnt overdo them like in lots of taiwanese and honk kong ones, they kept them to a sensible level, and u just contracdicted urself... if they book focuses not on fighting but their relationships, then why does the film have to focus on fighting?

    like.. this is one of the best series i have ever seen, and the reason why you dont like it is probably because you compare it to the book, and i dont think you should do that... take this series in its own context , like i know the book is good, its the best thing, but this series is te next best thing... well at least it a lot better than the crappy game which had almost nothing to do with the book

    just try it again and hold it in its own context

    oh hey did anyone know that Li YaPeng is going out with Zhou Xun?.. um i think they went out after making this movie.. isnt this movei cool?
    LoLz
    Last edited by GuO_JiNg; 04-24-2003 at 06:27 AM.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by GuO_JiNg
    ok 1)... how is zhou xun bad ?... like seriously? shes just right for the part, she is smart in this movie, and she doesnt show that much jeoulusly, in fact almost none at all, just a little at the end .. near the end and i know that in the book she is ment 2 b all hypo, but seriously... how nnoying would it b to see a hypo girl jumping around the screen all the time? just image image cing the crazy gurl from 'Cow Village', niu jia tzun, like Guo Jings home, like how annoying was she, and that was only for a couple of seconds, image a main part as hypo as that ALL the time... like WTF

    2) in the book Guo Jing is not dumb but does not speack much.. how would u expect to transfer that onto film? like have the main character almost never speack? common think about it... and i think Li Yapeng has a good chemistry with Zhou Xun... and it works well...

    3) Huang Yao Shing isnt even the main character, so how would u know that he isnt good at all those oda stuff? and how da hell r u ment 2 stay good lookin @ 50 yrz ov age? and also he shows the part of a compasiontate father very well

    4) ok these special effects aint bad at all, at least they didnt overdo them like in lots of taiwanese and honk kong ones, they kept them to a sensible level, and u just contracdicted urself... if they book focuses not on fighting but their relationships, then why does the film have to focus on fighting?

    like.. this is one of the best series i have ever seen, and the reason why you dont like it is probably because you compare it to the book, and i dont think you should do that... take this series in its own context , like i know the book is good, its the best thing, but this series is te next best thing... well at least it a lot better than the crappy game which had almost nothing to do with the book

    just try it again and hold it in its own context

    oh hey did anyone know that Li YaPeng is going out with Zhou Xun?.. um i think they went out after making this movie.. isnt this movei cool?
    LoLz
    Ok, maybe just my personal point of view, but I did not really compare it with the book. If I did, then, I won't even bother to write the reviews, because they are obviously no where even close:

    1. For zhou xun: more weired then smart. Overall, Huang Rong to me should be a positive girl, who dreams about love, and care about ppl she respects (dad, guo jing, hong qi gong, etc). However, I still think zhou xun's version seems a little bit "over cooked". Once she win, her eyes just seems over confidence and showing off. Once she lost, she's like "hate everything". Ok, I know ppl have different standard about this, so, I can't force everyone to agree with me.

    2. It's true Guo Jing does not speak much. However, my main point was Li yapeng should show more in "kindness" than "don't speak / dumb". Guo Jing supposed to be a real gentleman with the kindness to the world, but not just a slow thinking student who purely has no IQ.

    3. Huang yao shi is not the main character. However, he's one of the most important supporting cast. Even though, he won't appear that often, but he surely are the main one when in "tao hua" island. The ones he tested Guo Jing and O Yang Ke, and the ones he fight with Zhou Bo tong (2 times, at least), the ones he saved Mei chao feng in "tai hu shang zhuang", etc... He could be a very cruel guy at times, and he coudl be the god (too smart and too dominate) at times. For a character like this, I am sure they should find someone with the necessary confidence and "domination" to act, but not the current crappy looking and speaking old guy.

    4. For special effect, I did not say they must be bad. However, if u make a legendary movie, u should focus more on the actual body "movement" in fighting, but not just hanging ppl in the sky, and let them "shot bombs" at each others. The only thing I can see is, one the masters coming out, before they even see each other, u will see dust and explosion. So, hehehheehhe...

    5. Maybe this version is better than some later HK or TW version. However, it's like, I got a C, and some one get a D. It's true I am better, but compare to the average, both suck. I can't say, just beacuse I am not ranking last, I must be the best.

  12. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok... i guess their ur views but mine r ....
    THIS IS THE BEST SERIES I HAVE EVER WATCHED, AND EVERTHING IS PERFECT IN IT, AND ZHOU XUN IS PRETTY


    ok now i got my views on this board.. can some PLZ help me find
    zhen qing zhen mei
    and tian di do zhai wo xing zhong?
    ????????? like plz or tell me somewhere i can buy the album

  13. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default new member

    lazybuddy why do you knock the two main actors of guojing and huang rong so much? seriously, i just don't understand why you're comparing it with the book and the fact that you think rong's personality should be like love seeking all day and such. Don't you feel there's too much those kind of stuff been applied to those loaded hongkong and taiwanese lengend series and movies? And in contrast with that other chick who loves (yang kang), I personally find it a bit irritating. Not that I'm grumpy or anything, it's just I'm sick and tired of those crap, like lady mu keep crying in every single scene she appeared on. I certainly don't enjoy it, do you? And would you want Rong to be something like that aswell. ANYWAY, it still appeared to me that rong(zhou xun) had been able to act those things you've listed in which she should be like without exagerating her love for guojing.


    You said guojing(yapeng) should show more kindness than stupidity. But how could he have deliberately show kindness if he's too dumb to think about those kind of things in the story.(no offense to those guojing fans). Nevertheless, i think guo(yapeng) has shown kindness in the series pretty neatly with his innocent look and expressions, how else could he have shown it? Also, i can not accept the fact that guo should be "Guo Jing supposed to be a real gentleman with the kindness to the world, but not just a slow thinking student who purely has no IQ" I think you're putting the standard of the heroes in those legend stories too high; Typically like those who appeared in hongkong and taiwanese series. The story is about a hero who is brave and blablabla, not with an IQ of a genius. Right? From here, i totally agree with what "guo_jing" said about rong and guo been right for the movie series.

  14. #31
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default hong_qi_gong

    what do you people think about qi_gong?

  15. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Book

    Where can you get this book? Is there an English version for it?

  16. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Book

    Originally posted by guorong
    Where can you get this book? Is there an English version for it?

    um well i bought mine in china... uh try ebay and amazon.. actually i saw it on google the other day... i think u can buy it off some websites

    and there is no english translated version that i know off,
    its better in chinese anyway u can read it the way it was intended to be read...
    um well what i did was i got my parents to point out words i didnt understand, that was i learn more chinese and enjoyed the excellent story

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guo Rong,


    I can perfectly understand u and "Guo Jing"'s point of view. Like I metioned before, all my reviews were based on my own point of view. It's like many other debates on rackets, string, etc. Someone's meat is someone else's posion. Many ppl could love certain stuff, but at the same time, some others might just don't like it at all.

    Since ur 2 kept saying, "my std. is too high (especially in Li Yapeng's guojing), and compare it with the book." Well, maybe I will agree. But at the same time, ur 2 kept saying, "compare to some other tw or hk suck series..." So, can I claim that "why put standard. so low???". I am not trying to start some argument, but to me, I would rather "judge" something with the highest standard as possible, rather than make myself happy just say, "u know, compare to some D grade stuff, at least I am a C..."

    I am not trying to really force anyone to must agree with me, but just write about my personal review. Maybe some words (or ideas) might be harsh for other fans, but, I just can't simply join the majority, because my idea is the slim minority.

    Plus, to respond ur idea about "why knocking 2 main characters so much?" Well, personally, I don't against any one of them. To be exact, I like zhou xun in some movies, like "Hollywood in HK". Personally, I just think she fits for those characters much better than this one. Of course, it's all about personal view. I just write about what exactly I feel.

    Last, I never really said I want every movie to be "love seeking". In my previous post, I wrote, "Hong rong is smart, but she also shows great respect about her lover, dad, and masters (Hong qi gong)." However, what I got from this series, is just a little (of course, very smart) girl, who's jealous about this and that, and kinda "disrepect" the others. Well, u know, personal understanding. I like smart girls, but if they just seems to be "too negative" in personailty, well, u know what I have to say...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. tai tzu ying ( 戴資穎 )
    By limsy in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 409
    : 09-27-2014, 07:58 PM
  2. Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying - Mixed Doubles
    By pajrul in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 438
    : 05-05-2014, 11:07 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    : 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM
  4. xiong guo bao back hand techniques
    By gto28 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 26
    : 07-19-2010, 10:47 AM
  5. Ye Zhao ying chat online
    By seawell in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 10-07-2006, 11:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •