User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lazybuddy, what do u mean by saying just because i got c and everyone else got D, like it has nothing to do with what me and guorong (well at least me) is saying, im not comparin it much 2 other honky and taiwan movies, and if we are, than it doesnt really matter, because ur comparing it 2 the book,
    but if u take this film on its own context, like forget everything about teh book and all the other stuff, and judge it again, wat do u come up with????
    something very damn good,

and ur saying that were judging too low, than wat in ur opinion is good and wat in ur opinion should we judge against?

and also ur coment 'To be exact, I like zhou xun in some movies, like "Hollywood in HK". Personally, I just think she fits for those characters much better than this one.'
    This just shows how narrowminded u can b (sorry if ur offended), ur like someone i know who said Zhou Xun can only act in sad movies, but thats totally BS, look at this movie i reackon she played her part very well,
    also how does Zhou Xun's Hwang Rong have a negetive attitude?, and another thing, its not like she can go around and knell and bow to everyone she sees just to bring out the feeling of 'respect' i think she does it well in her own way, i mean no one said by respectiing someone u have 2 like bow down all give ur life to try please them or crap like dat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um do u mean the guy from she diao ying xiong zhuan?
    um which version do u mean? the book, the movie or the game?

i like the guy in the movie his funny, and the way he talks is.... attention grabbing, um in the game,, i duno hes alrite but he looks 2 i duno i just dun like him as much in the game, in the book i got a different feeling from his well different from the series, but i liked him in the book as well... ^^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those in Canada:

Saw the ad that the Chinese - Cantonese station (Fairchild?), is going to show the She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan series produced during the 80's - 1st part, featuring Wong Yat Wah as Guo Jing and the late Yung Mei Ling as Huang Rong. According to some 'loyalists' this is a good one with both performers interpreting very well their roles. Also Miao Kiao Wei as Yang Kang was also excellent. This series will be broadcasted every saturday at around 4:30pm.

Also a friend also a fanatic for Jin Young novels' mentioned the most faithful production of this romance, is a series produced from the now closed HK TV station - CTV??, where Bai Piao played Guo Jing and Michelle Mei Suet as Huang Yong. According to him all the romance passages were there and not much changed from the original romance. Only thing they could not do well is the passage where Zhou Ba Tong rides on the sharks (or whales??) in the sea - and of course the warring scenes.

As for the other actors, most of them were martial arts experts: Bai Piao practices martial arts, Liang Xiao Long (Bruce Liang - Karate, Goju Ryu) as Yang Kang, Wang WeiWen a famous martial arts movie actor (Chinese martial arts and kick boxing - this guy knocked out a professional Japanese kick boxer during the first round in a HK kick boxing tournament) as Huang RuoXi and others I don't remember.

I myself also like the CTV series best. I think the younger ones have not seen this as it was produced during the mid 70's, when I was just starting to play badminton. It was a long series (60 or 80 episodes) as that time the TV drama series used to be long ones. For acting the 2 main characters were very good. In my opinion Michelle Mei Suet was the best 'Huang Rong' so far. Other than acting, this is probably the best series for action - the fighting scenes look more real because of the actors training in martial arts and also at that time there were no special effects.
    Last edited by viver; 04-27-2003 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by GuO_JiNg
    because ur comparing it 2 the book,
    but if u take this film on its own context, like forget everything about teh book and all the other stuff, and judge it again, wat do u come up with????
    something very damn good,

and also ur coment 'To be exact, I like zhou xun in some movies, like "Hollywood in HK". Personally, I just think she fits for those characters much better than this one.'
    This just shows how narrowminded u can b (sorry if ur offended), ur like someone i know who said Zhou Xun can only act in sad movies, but thats totally BS, look at this movie i reackon she played her part very well,

also how does Zhou Xun's Hwang Rong have a negetive attitude?, and another thing, its not like she can go around and knell and bow to everyone she sees just to bring out the feeling of 'respect' i think she does it well in her own way, i mean no one said by respectiing someone u have 2 like bow down all give ur life to try please them or crap like dat...
    1. To me, if this is just a stand alone story, but not say from the "original jin yong", I will agree with ur idea - not too bad. However, if u want to make a movie / TV series based on a famous novel, how could u just "forget everything about the book and all the other stuff and judge again"??? I mean, it's true, there no "strick" standard around. However, if u use the name from a good novel, it's very normal for the ppl to judge them base on the original story. Maye this sounds very ridiculous, but if u really "forget about the book, and everything", say, can I make a "Star War" type movie, and just use characters naming"Guo jing" "Huang Rong", "Yang kang" blah blah in my movie??? Then, as long as my movie is not bad (but a totally different story, of course), then, I can claim my movie is "She Diao 2003"??? Plz....

2. I have to say, yeah, very sad, u did offen me by comments like "narrow minded". I brought up this example, just to show, I have no personal dislike or so ever on Zhou Xun. I think she was good in that movie. How could u just judge me just base on an example? I mean, say, if I brought up a comdey, rather than a sad movie, what kinda "title" I will get? Still "narrow minded"??? since, I can only list funny movie??? Give me a break. What I kept metion in my post, is, Zhou Xun is NOT a bad actress, just seems not very FIT for this character. There's no actor/actress in the world can FIT EVERY CHARACTER they been offered. There's noting wrong, that a great actor/actress especially doing well in just certain "type" of characters.

3. I think this issue is very very related with "personal" feeling. Well, to u and many others, maybe a certain way of acting is good, cool or wonderful. However, to me, maybe someone else can do a better job. Bring back the old example of rackets, u might love ur racket the best, but some others might just can't use it very well.

Overall, all of our arguments are just like "peronsal". To me, some friendly discussion is no problem. However, just by my comments, if I have to be titled, like "narrow minded" then, it will be a little bit "harsh"... heheheheheh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) The movie sticks to the book very closely, its the only version that actually doesnt change things around, and a book is diferent from a series, if u want everything the same you should jsut go and read the book and not watch the series at all.

2) Maybe too u she didnt fit, and my parents said she shouild have been nmore active in playing Hwang Rong, but i reakcon she was good in it, not too hypo just right for the part, and she fit it well... its my personal opinion
    and this comment 'To be exact, I like zhou xun in some movies, like "Hollywood in HK". Personally, I just think she fits for those characters much better than this one'
    it certainly sounds like ur saying she can only act one type of movie, and if u r then it makes u narrow minded because she hasnt even acted in that much movies so u cant tell.... however if u didnt mean that then well im sorry u get offended by my coment , but if u did !!!!!!!!!

3) yes this is a very personal thing, i reakcon they made one of the best series i have ever seen, and yes one mans treasure ois anothers trash

last ov all since it was u who started 2 diss the series, and being my fav i got 2 defend it, and well some comments of ur sometimes does seem a little narrow minded, but i guess mine do too so yes... anyway i havent got anything personal against anyone im just trying 2 express my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thanks for the news

Thanks for the news about Zhou Xun and Li Yapeng getting married. I didn't expect that and certainly didn't expect it to be so soon. Yea qi gong's pretty funny in the movie even though he's an old begger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lazybuddy

First of all, I would like to make it clear that I had no intentions for commenting you in anyway. Maybe my point got a bit out of hand, but I appreciate your comments respectfully. However, you think that Zhou Xun didn't fit in all too well for this film. I understand your view from the way the book was written. Certainly it will be more acceptable for you to watch the film exactly the way it was written and read. But after I've seen your comment, I realized there are signs that huang rong respects people especially his dad, although not physically but emotionally mostly. Like the time when she got pissed off because that "old guy who claimed himself to have the ability to float on water" vowed her dad died. And how much respect she's proven for qi gong and that old priest on the mountain who used to be some king. I think the fact that she didn't show much respect when she's near people maybe is because the director wants to show the liveliness Rong possess, coz she wouldn't show that much disrespect if she didn't want to in her scenes. Right? Nevertheless, I think Zhou xun has done a good job.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: lazybuddy

Originally posted by guorong
    I think the fact that she didn't show much respect when she's near people maybe is because the director wants to show the liveliness Rong possess
    Good point. I think u r right about this one. It's more or less the director's style/understanding seems fit ppl like u, but might not fit for me.

Really appreciate ur comments, yeah, let's just focus on more friendly discussion.

By the way, some characters:

1. "The old guy claim to being able to walk on water": Qiu qian zhang (Master Qiu qian chi's twin brother)

2. "Old monk": Duan zheng ming "nan di" or "Monk Yi Deng". Used to be the emperor for Da Li. One of the 5 older generation masters.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by GuO_JiNg
    1) The movie sticks to the book very closely, its the only version that actually doesnt change things around, and a book is diferent from a series, if u want everything the same you should jsut go and read the book and not watch the series at all.

2) Maybe too u she didnt fit, and my parents said she shouild have been nmore active in playing Hwang Rong, but i reakcon she was good in it, not too hypo just right for the part, and she fit it well... its my personal opinion
    and this comment 'To be exact, I like zhou xun in some movies, like "Hollywood in HK". Personally, I just think she fits for those characters much better than this one'
    it certainly sounds like ur saying she can only act one type of movie, and if u r then it makes u narrow minded because she hasnt even acted in that much movies so u cant tell.... however if u didnt mean that then well im sorry u get offended by my coment , but if u did !!!!!!!!!

3) yes this is a very personal thing, i reakcon they made one of the best series i have ever seen, and yes one mans treasure ois anothers trash

last ov all since it was u who started 2 diss the series, and being my fav i got 2 defend it, and well some comments of ur sometimes does seem a little narrow minded, but i guess mine do too so yes... anyway i havent got anything personal against anyone im just trying 2 express my opinion
    1. I am not saying this series just twisting things around. Actually, some modification is acceptable. What I am kinda did not liek this series, is the characters spirit were not fully been showed. Of course, maybe just I think this way.

2. To make things more clear. I DID say, "I think she fits for those characters much better than this". However, "those" refer to all kinda characters I think she's good at. Not necessary the sad movies. The problem is, I can't remember every single movie she's in, so, I can only use 1 or 2 to represent. Let me try to think, there's a movie she was acting a Tang's princess (Tai ping???), she's not really sad in that movie. However, still don't see why I can titled as "narrow minded", if I can only remember one movie's full name. To me, just list movie XXXXX, YYYYYY without really knowing the full/corret name is meaningless and could mis-lead ppl.

3. As metioned before, there's no shame a great actor/actress being good for certain types of characters. In acting business, it's not "more is better" or "less means sucks". I don't think any movie legends in the world, could be good enough to fit every single kinda of charaters. Then, can u say everyone just so "narrow minded"???

4. Maybe this one is too straight forward. Can't really agree the comments of "however if u didnt mean that then well im sorry u get offended by my coment , but if u did !!!!!!!!!". What about "if I did???" So, if i did make a wrong comment, I can be freely abused or personally attacked by others in public??? I mean, if I can ever find someone might provide wrong information (even though, can't be confirmed), then I can just publicly "title" others with "personal attack like" comments???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... i think i've heard of this series... is about a guy named yang guo who learns martial arts from tons of ppl thus having skills from a ton of sects who falls in love with his teacher???

if so, i've seen the series and read the books, loved them all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm don't think thats the story.. i think its about a dumb guy who learns martial arts from a bunch of masters and has a witty and mischevious girlfriend, they together roam around and have many other complicated plots surrounding themselves, freidns and family. lol i was too young to understand itall :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    1. I am not saying this series just twisting things around. Actually, some modification is acceptable. What I am kinda did not liek this series, is the characters spirit were not fully been showed. Of course, maybe just I think this way.

2. To make things more clear. I DID say, "I think she fits for those characters much better than this". However, "those" refer to all kinda characters I think she's good at. Not necessary the sad movies. The problem is, I can't remember every single movie she's in, so, I can only use 1 or 2 to represent. Let me try to think, there's a movie she was acting a Tang's princess (Tai ping???), she's not really sad in that movie. However, still don't see why I can titled as "narrow minded", if I can only remember one movie's full name. To me, just list movie XXXXX, YYYYYY without really knowing the full/corret name is meaningless and could mis-lead ppl.

3. As metioned before, there's no shame a great actor/actress being good for certain types of characters. In acting business, it's not "more is better" or "less means sucks". I don't think any movie legends in the world, could be good enough to fit every single kinda of charaters. Then, can u say everyone just so "narrow minded"???

4. Maybe this one is too straight forward. Can't really agree the comments of "however if u didnt mean that then well im sorry u get offended by my coment , but if u did !!!!!!!!!". What about "if I did???" So, if i did make a wrong comment, I can be freely abused or personally attacked by others in public??? I mean, if I can ever find someone might provide wrong information (even though, can't be confirmed), then I can just publicly "title" others with "personal attack like" comments???

what did u mean by 4?
    seriously if u got offended by wat i said then well i apologize, and since when did this become an argument, alrite let me get this thing straight

1) i said IF u say that Zhou Xun is limited to sad movies then u R narrow minded, but i did not say u R narrow minded, but well as u said u did not mean to say that she is only limited to sads movies, so obviously u should not get offended....

2) i have treated this as a 'friendly discussion' all along, i value everyones comments, and arent trying to get everyone to see things as i see them, im just posting my opinion, and also the narrow minded thing was just one little comment, and lets leave it at that....

3) i have nothing against you so stop attacking my posts, i dont think i atack ur posts but if u think i do let me know and ill try 'mellow' my posts,

4) everyone has good commments, and yuh i also apreciate all ov them, however lets stick to the context, alrite if u really got that offended by a small comment, then i take it back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nanashi
    hmm... i think i've heard of this series... is about a guy named yang guo who learns martial arts from tons of ppl thus having skills from a ton of sects who falls in love with his teacher???

if so, i've seen the series and read the books, loved them all
    um nuh the story about Yang Guo is called
    Zhen Diao Xia Lu,
    or return of the condor heroes, its the one that comes after the one were talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: thanks for the news

Originally posted by guorong
    Thanks for the news about Zhou Xun and Li Yapeng getting married. I didn't expect that and certainly didn't expect it to be so soon. Yea qi gong's pretty funny in the movie even though he's an old begger.
    haha no wories glad i could b ov help ^^

um well they also said that if they are going to get married, its gona b a secret thing, cos so many of Zhou Xun's fans view of her a 'girl' and marriadge mite discourage them, so basically they could b maried already,

but they are definitly going to be married, its just that we wont know anything about it. ^^ haha but i wish them well all the same

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, ok... let's all calm down.

I agree. Let's put the "@$@%#$%@$%@#" part away. And focus on the main topic. No matter on purpose or not, exchanging words is surely no fun at all.

Yeah, stick with topic, and let's have some "healthy" conversation, than heated argument.

BTW, after review all ur comments, maybe I was too stricted on "Huang Rong"??? I mean, maybe everyone has differnt understanding about this "unique girl"... hmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha yuh friendly exchange of ideas is better than heated argument, yuh i admit i was stretchin it a bit as well wid that narorw minded thing, but anyway not that thats outa da way....

^^ yuh its very much everyones opinoion as u said... and i reakcon hwang rong is done preety good by Zhou Xun, however if u dont think so then thats ur personal opinion and yuh i acept that and yuh

oh yuh if u guys read in my other thread Zhou Xun and Li YaPeng have might have been planning a marriage.. yuh um anyone else heard bout dat?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If these 2 really get married, just wondering whether Li Yapeng being able to talk a lot in life or not. Hope won't really bring the "character" back at home. Otherwise, will be fun...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast