Broken Yonex Boron 200

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by EduardS, Nov 10, 2010.

1. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

A while ago I broke my beloved Boron 200 in play. I have tried to buy / trade another Boron 200 but with no success so far.

What readily available racket comes closest to the Yonex Boron 200? Has anyone an opinion on this?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hi Ed,

Give the Aerotus series a try. The current in production model is the Aerotus 110 although you should still be able to find some of the older AR models around in especially the older badminton stores in your area.

The Boron 200 is of the carbonex head shape, aerodynamic frame design (don't remember the shaft flex though) which most if not all of the Aerotus models resemble.

3. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

Thanks. I saw an Aerotus 110 on Ebay recently, but I let it go. I will have a look-out for one.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Aerotus 110 is about the most headlight racket in the Yonex lineup. I can't imagine it being close to Boron 200, although if I remember correctly Boron 200 did have an Aerotus frameshape and Boron 2 was based upon a Cab frame but balancepoint wise I really don't have a clue what they were ...

#4 demolidor, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  5. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

#5 EduardS, Nov 10, 2010
  6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Okay, that's what I thought but it has been yeeeears since I had the opportunity to hit with one (when I was still on CAB21). Seemed to remember (but very vaguely) it was somewhat alike ...

Tried AT900 Technique yet? Or maybe one of the Mizuno ovals GP-77 (or 88) although I'm not too sure about the balance ... perhaps the Victor Bravesword series (10).

7. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

AT900T I own and have tried but until now not much to my liking. Mizuno rackets I have yet to see in Holland. Victor bravesword could be an option but have not tried yet.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D Got confused about the current Aerotus model by the above comment ... The current one is Aerotus 100, which is the extremely headlight one. The 110 is a discontinued one already and sounds like it could be a close match ...
    As for Mizuno: import only; GP-80 (or 88) might be something http://bbs.at700.com/viewthread.php?tid=5983&extra=page=1

#8 demolidor, Nov 10, 2010
  9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

10. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

Thanks demolidor. Looks like the 3U version of the GP88 could be a match. A pretty expensive one though.

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes quite pricey, especially with the current exchange rate. Either hope it will pop-up in Hong Kong or the currency measures take effect. GP-77 might even be closer balancewise but also a bit more flexible and cheaper by ~20 euro. But in the end 665mm 2U's do have a special feel :).

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Errm disregard that GP-77 comment ... was reading the specs for GP-80 instead.

13. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

14. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

The Boron 200 was the first Yonex branded badminton racquet I ever bought. I thought the paint job on that racquet was one of the best ever from Yonex but I always hated the purple bag it came with.

The racquet, as I recall, was quite stiff. I ended up breaking it on a smash about 14yrs ago. Since then, I've owned an Isometric 800 Tour, Nanospeed 9900 and an Arcsaber 8DX. Of the three, I would say that the Arcsaber 8DX was the closest to what I remember of the Boron 200.

15. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

Thanks. When I see someone at my club or a tournament with an Arcsaber 8DX I will ask if I can give it a try.

16. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

I've played with the Winex Boron 3 (red limited edition) a few times now and I'm very pleased with it. Although the shaft is little bit more flexible (not much though), it's feel quite resembles the Yonex Boron 200. It is just as head heavy, almost as stiff and has a relatively small but powerful sweet-spot.

17. EduardS

EduardS Regular Member

Thanks a very nice gentleman from Brunei I have been able to obtain a brand new unstrung Boron 200 :D

And from Ebay UK I have also been able to buy an used one which I can use to play with :)

18. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    was boron 200 the best among its boron series?