Fake strings?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by keroro27, Nov 10, 2010.

1. keroro27

keroro27 Regular Member

Well i went over to a local badminton shop in toronto to get my strings restrung. I brought in my own strings and apparently the ones that i bought a long time ago (BG-80) were fake. So i told them to restring it again.
    I was just wondering if these strings i have indeed are fake.

j7f3ue.jpg
    534nb9.jpg

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

They're old, but the back looks real to me.

3. keroro27

keroro27 Regular Member

so I'm guessing they're not as effective as the newer ones? I find it that when I scratch the black ink off the strings they come off easily? Is that normal?
    The person also told me these strings were thicker than the usual bg80's

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it depends on where you bought it.

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Do you guys believe that a ORIGINAL yonex store in a country can sell FAKE yonex string?
    give your opinion, guys;)

6. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    If not mistaken, during those years when you bought your BG80s the fakes were yet to exist. Also globally, the demand for BG80 is not as great as BG66 so even if the counterfeiter wanted to come out with fakes, they would target on the BG66. But that doesn't mean there are no fake BG80 out there today.

7. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    Yonex strings all come with microscopic size of printings on the string, example "BG80", if the little printing looks overstretched after strung on your racket, that a fake. Claim your money back or replace with a real Yonex string

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I recently bought some strings from original yonex stores, which in yonex taiwan website got their address.. To my surprise, i found out that behind the plastic pack of the string, there's a sticker being stick to replace the barcode and there's a word White there.(i bought green string though) My question is, are they recycling back the same pack or is it FAKE string?

9. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    In my experience, I could only tell once I opened the string...with fakers being so good these days, I can't often tell just by looking at it...although I feel slight differences everytime I string with different strings...also, I notice odd colours that show up...Here in Canada, you expect people to buy overseas stuff, but the dead giveaways are the cosmic Gold colour differences in the Nanogy 95s...I've had some odd Nanogy 98 colours, but I couldn't confirm that they didn't exist...and more than my fair share of "loose" feeling BG80s...Although, it really depends on where it comes from and where it's made...I'm pretty used to the feel of the Canadian and Chinese ones though...or is there any difference?