Need Racquet Recommendation (Currently Using Wilson K Tour and Z Slash)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Stratlover, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Stratlover

Stratlover Regular Member

I am currently using the Wilson K Tour and Yonex Arcsaber Z Slash. I am an offensive minded player who likes to end points by delivering a winning jump smash from anywhere on the court. That being said, I've been trying to improve my net game and defense to be on par with my smashes. Due to this, I bought a Z Slash a while ago, looking for extra maneuverability while maintaining enough power. However, while it is fast at net, the shaft seems too flexible, causing a loss of control on shots where I don't have a lot of time. I have the distinct sensation of the shaft bending backwards and causing me to contact the shuttle too late making the shuttle go out the back of the court or to the right (on a forehand). The Wilson K Tour has been a very solid racquet for me, but seems to lack some power and maneuverability, especially for doubles. I have had an AT 700 Ltd, which allowed me to basically hit a winning smash 100% of the time given enough time, but the racquet was far too slow on defense for use in doubles. I was thinking something along the lines of an AT 900P, Arc 10, Victor Bravesword 10, Victor SW 35, or maybe even the normal AT700. I think I tend to favor a head heavy, stiff racquet. Are there any other racquets that are maneuverable enough for doubles, yet powerful enough to suit my offensive game? Or, among the ones that I listed, which ones would you recommend? Thanks,