Victor SW35 vs Mizuno TC700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by LD rules!, Nov 13, 2010.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's that time of year again guys :)

Yes, it's time for me to buy a new racket :) I usually buy a new racket, in November so it's time to browse for something new to try.

I was looking at the TC700, I was going to buy this racket earlier in the year, however I decided not to at the last minute, due to a lack of funds. However I have money now, and I am looking for a comparison between my current racket (the wonderful Victor SW35) and the potential challenger to the throne, the TC700. I would be purchasing a 3U Mizuno TC700, would somebody be able to compare the SW35 and TC700 ? In terms of all aspects, I.e. Power, manueverability, BP, Stiffness etc I have lookwd through the relevant threads but didnt find any comparisons between the two:) btw the fact that the TC700 is discontinued doesn't matter, as if I like it enough, within a week I will order a second piece and that will be it :)

Thanks for your time.:)

Oh about my game, I play aggressive singles, and Mixed doubles, thats about it:)

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi bro , I would prefer Victor super wave 35 , as its stiff , great for back court smash same as my N50..

Its a good racket. I rate it as good as Nanospeed 9900.

2rd to my current N50.

3. twittieboy

twittieboy Regular Member

I m oso very keen for someone to size up between TC700 and SW35 or even Spira 21. I love the stiffness and solid stable feel of TC700 and if you are strong enuff to flex the very stiff shaft, it can be considered as a Weapon of Mass Destruction :D . It is not as head heavy as most would suggest. My TC700 has a mere BP292 after removing the original grip and adding a layer of cotton bandage and 1 lightweight Toalson ultra overgrip. It does not have the hammer effect of AT700. Rather it is the stiffness that unleashes its tremendous power. I wouldnt go down to compare the speed of a head heavy racket with an ultra fast defensive racket like NS9900 as tat wud be comparing apples to oranges. I ve absolutely no problem with it defending in doubles matchplay though i wud love to have something faster :) . It is definitely faster than a new AT700 imho. In fact i love the power and repulsion it gives at the expense of some maneuverability. Well, if you have the strength or muscular development, you wont complain much abt TC700. :)

The new voltric series gives an interesting perspective on the balance of power and defence. VT70 has good head heavy feel yet highly maneuverable still. Strictly nt as fast as NS9900 but definitely faster than Arc10 and any of the Armortec series. However the expense is the lack of solid feel on the head despite being head heavy, which somehow cudnt give me the assured feel and satisfaction.

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Is anyone able to compare the SW35 & TC700 ? I am really interested to find out which one people prefer, and why they prefer it.:)

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    My experience is that they are pretty close performance wise. Both are really superb racket imop. I think TC700 has the edge in power, especially if alot of forearm/wrist is put into the shot. The SW35 is a little bit more forgiving and overall also has extremely good power.. I wuld say TC700 has more repulsion but on all out smashes they are pretty comparable i think.. defence is pretty even steven.. the TC700 is quicker and more nimble in defeince imop but has a slightly smaller sweetspot.

my 2 cents.

/Twobeer

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So...:)

TC700 is slightly more powerful
    SW35 is more forgiving
    TC700 is more repulsive
    SW35 has a larger sweetspot
    TC700 is slightly quicker on defence

Is there any real bad thing about the TC700 apart from the fact that it is quite demanding ?

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    nope :-D
    /T

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hmmm, ok, for me personally at the moment, I struggle to find anything wrong with the SW35, what I was looking for was even more power, and slightly better defence, I take it that the TC700 fits this description ? I am actually looking forwrd to potentially getting this racket. It sounds good.:)

9. whatever001

whatever001 Regular Member

where r u going to buy the TC700 ? :)

10. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hehe.. that's a good problem to have.

Every new racket launch, I ask myself.. what do I need this new racket to do better than the TC700. I kept drawing a blank.

Personally, I will like the TC700 to have a larger sweetspot for my off-days but that will probably make it less a TC700. The ZELM Ultimate is my off-day racket but does not replace the TC700. So that's whats in my bag nowadays.. 3xTC700 and the Ultimate. :p

Like TB said, the TC700 has the best reward for wrist play of all rackets I've tried.

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I know, it's not a bad problem to have ;) I think I will give the TC700 a try. It seems to have all the makings for a great racket. Let's hope it can surpass the very high benchmark that the SW35 has held.

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

How would you fit in LS9 now in this equation? Especially in regards to doubles, let's make it mixed for the topic's sake ;).

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Ok guys, I am going to widen the search for a new racket. As you can see from the list below, it is quite long.:) I have extended the period of time as well, to 25th of December. (I will get my parents to buy me it) I am going to buy a pair of the racket I choose.

Here's the list

Li Ning:

N50
    N50II
    N55
    N55II
    N70
    N90
    N90II

Mizuno:

LS9
    TC700

SOTX:

Woven 7
    Anyone know of anything Stiff and head heavy ?

Yonex:

Armortec 700

As you can see it's a long list:) but I want to get the choice just right. I am quite interested in Li Nings offerings. I think now would be the right time to try them out. I am quite interested in the N50II and N55, as my ideal balance point for a racket is around 295+

Thanks for your help.:)

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well LS9 is certainly stiff and speedy, but I think it lacks that "mojo" of feel and response that rackets like TC700, LN 90-II, NS9900 and ARC-10 has imop. It feels dead and I have not used it for a long time, and I have yet to try out the 9 IN and 7 IN versions. If i didn't play much Singles I would probably go for the magical LN 90-II. The feel of that is great.. and smashes are close to TC700 power.

/Twobeer

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would suggest to skip AT700 on the shortlist (ARC-10 is pretty much better in all areas than AT700).

I would also not recommend LS9 (don't know about LS9 IN though, have not tried that one).

If you are a strong player i think you could not go wrong with N55, with good power/technique there are huge amount of power to tap from N55.
    N55-II is a tad more heavier, so requires more strong arm :D

/Twobeer

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG] Thought I'd throw the LS9 in here since your previous review was inconclusive. Was planning to try a LS7 and throw in a GP-80 and later on a GP-88 but also noticed there were LS 7&9IN versions out now ...
    ARC10 is wonderfull indeed, hadn't played with one for a while untill last week and (still) feels like a natural fit. Now to make that damn 8DX work! :D

#16 demolidor, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  17. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

i have both sw35 and tc700, both 3ug2 and 3ug5 respectively, i agree with your statement. the sw35 is very good. at the moment, probably due to the string differences, zymax 67 on the tc700 and vs850 on the sw35, i find the tc700 has a bigger sweet spot and slightly better defense. i rate the sw35 slightly stiffer. both racquets are strung at 26lbs.

i do have a zelm us also, it's currently my MD racquet, power is good for big shot but not for repeated smashes. defense is a slow when compared to both tc700 and sw35.

18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Afraid to clash the other 2?? :D

19. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

u know me too well :)

20. zogun

zogun Regular Member

VFX Artist
    sorry, a bit off topic.
    3radius , is it a good combo; vs850 and sw35?
    i plan to buy sw35 maybe tomorrow, but might use bg66 or nbg98 .. should i consider vs850 or vs650?
    thanks