Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    i wonder what triggered him to feel so angry and dissappointed

i know there could be some 'old' reasons

but could it also be because of some young players recently dropped by bam
    I also keen to know why he is so angry. It's not so often we hear Datuk Misbun get so angry and openly stated about how he feels and to revealed such feelings from him, the cause i assume will definitely has been annoying him for some time, unresolved and unattended even he has spoken about it. Ultimately, this makes him so dissapointed and at the end, it reaches to a boiling point that its better for him to step down rather than continue working with people that seems doesn't care and see him important in BAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    I also keen to know why he is so angry. It's not so often we hear Datuk Misbun get so angry and openly stated about how he feels and to revealed such feelings from him, the cause i assume will definitely has been annoying him for some time, unresolved and unattended even he has spoken about it. Ultimately, this makes him so dissapointed and at the end, it reaches to a boiling point that its better for him to step down rather than continue working with people that seems doesn't care and see him important in BAM.
    yes that makes us sad and worried too

maybe he will let us know a little more as days gone by

at least through press interviews

from there we can catch little by little, ya? lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry I would tell Misbun; "Please don't return to BAM"

Courtesy from the Star

Misbun: I need a break

MISBUN Sidek has stated that his patriotism should not be questioned just because he resigned as the national singles coach last week .

Misbun said that badminton has been his life and he wants to take a temporary break and will return when he overcomes his anger and disappointment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A wise decision from Datuk Misbun. Its better to have a break and then with a more relax soul and clear mindset, the next action that he will do will be properly made since the whole Malaysia specifically and the world generally are keen to hear and see what will be his next moves.

He has been involved with Malaysia Badminton scenario for all this many years be it during its ups and down despite having his own family problems and this will be the best opportunity for him to take a break.
    I would tell Misbun; "Please don't return to BAM. Your work has not been appreciated".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I would tell Misbun; "Please don't return to BAM. Your work has not been appreciated".
    i am sure that's what he felt before he emailed his letter to bam

but now after the minister has spoken to him and he is willing to talk,

there is a possibility he may consider withdrawing his resignation.

the minsiter did say things could be ironed out,

that means he is quite confident he is able to resolve the matter

unless of course both parties can't compromise

personally, i think misbun was ready to give up his career with bam

otherwise he won't reject the president's call

so le't wait and see what develops …

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES. Please do so Chris. If people surrounds us seems not to appreciate with our work after all this years, there is no point to continue working with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps he can start his own coaching academy and hopefully produce the next LCW... boleh?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Misbun has done more to Badminton in Malaysia than what BAM has

YES. Please do so Chris. If people surrounds us seems not to appreciate with our work after all this years, there is no point to continue working with them.
    I consider Misbun has done more to Badminton in Malaysia than what BAM has.

The only problem is money. I hope enough Malaysian sponsorships can be gathered for Misbun to go independent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem is money. I hope enough Malaysian sponsorships can be gathered for Misbun to go independent.
    This is the acid test. If he has enough support why not? This is better than wasting his time and effort at BAM.
    If he is good he should start an academy of his own and who knows he may produce LCWs and LDs by the dozens. Money will always follow results, so money should never be a problem. All he needs to do is to try to secure venture capital by getting a couple of wealthy supporters who are venture capitalists to fork out say $50 million. If it works it may be the best thing to happen to badminton since Malaysia's first Thomas Cup win in the 1940s/1950s!
    If it doesn't work out MS doesn't lose anything, only the venture capitalists lose. Having a stake in the academy the venture capitalists will also want to see results to monitor and ensure their investment will not end up in the drain. Can MS tolerate this? Also what about its continuity after MS has left the scene? Who will inherit the academy, in its role of producing the best world class champions? The Sideks? They have gone through this before but ended up bankrupt. But that was before because they foolishly used their own money instead of seeking venture capital from others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    This is the acid test. If he has enough support why not? This is better than wasting his time and effort at BAM.
    If he is good he should start an academy of his own and who knows he may produce LCWs and LDs by the dozens. Money will always follow results, so money should never be a problem. All he needs to do is to try to secure venture capital by getting a couple of wealthy supporters who are venture capitalists to fork out say $50 million. If it works it may be the best thing to happen to badminton since Malaysia's first Thomas Cup win in the 1940s/1950s!
    If it doesn't work out MS doesn't lose anything, only the venture capitalists lose. Having a stake in the academy the venture capitalists will also want to see results to monitor and ensure their investment will not end up in the drain. Can MS tolerate this? Also what about its continuity after MS has left the scene? Who will inherit the academy, in its role of producing the best world class champions? The Sideks? They have gone through this before but ended up bankrupt. But that was before because they foolishly used their own money instead of seeking venture capital from others.
    Very insightful. I hope Misbun will go through this stage and then realized the meaning of "national interest" is above anything else... Can he take the heat? Is he up to the challenge? It will be a different ball game if he chooses this path (setting up his own academy) coz it's no longer just managing ONE superstar... boleh?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Politics to be left out from our sport (Badminton)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Very insightful. I hope Misbun will go through this stage and then realized the meaning of "national interest" is above anything else... Can he take the heat? Is he up to the challenge? It will be a different ball game if he chooses this path (setting up his own academy) coz it's no longer just managing ONE superstar... boleh?
    I would predict that Misbun will a better job than BAM.

Why? It's because politics will not disturb our sport (Badminton) anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chris: *nod*nod*... ok off to watch LCW and PG...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would predict that Misbun will a better job than BAM.

Why? It's because politics will not disturb our sport (Badminton) anymore.
    This is not the way in Malaysia and even Singapore when you produce sporting stars because the governments want to be seen to be a party to the stars' success. If you fail to produce stars the government loses any interest in you.
    Where else in the world but in Malaysia and Indonesia do you see governments awarding houses, land, datukships, etc., etc. if the stars bring sporting fame to the countries.
    Do you know how much the players will be rewarded by the Malaysian government (and also state governments) if Malaysia wins the Thomas Cup again?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up It's now time for Misbun to work for Malaysian Badminton not through BAM

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I hope Misbun will go through this stage and then realized the meaning of "national interest" is above anything else... Can he take the heat? Is he up to the challenge? It will be a different ball game if he chooses this path (setting up his own academy) coz it's no longer just managing ONE superstar... boleh?
    I don't understand what you are saying.

Misbun has already used up so many years of his life to work for Malaysian Badminton through BAM.

It's now time for Misbun to work for Malaysian Badminton not through BAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MS failed before in nusa mahsuri correct?

I wonder Victor or Lining will chip in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Nusa was owned by Razif & Jalani (correct me if wrong).

Misbun & Razif only worked for them. All 4 together with Foo KK, Cheah Soon Keat & Soo Beng Kiang

were well rewarded in 1992.. The Sideks and Foo lost everything in bad investments. I believe lack of education is the factor,

everything can be lost if investments are not made rationally. Soo Beng Kiang invested in Education and is now a successful businessman.

If LCW is not careful he may also get burned if he is unable to make smart choices or calculated risks when parking his money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider Misbun has done more to Badminton in Malaysia than what BAM has.

Who is our, mas 2nd singles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol..........2nd sgl got mental problem la. Give credit to MS for at least achieving the AE title lah. Half full or Half empty.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast