New Racket Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Shui-Yee, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Shui-Yee

Shui-Yee New Member

Regional Manger
    Hi all

I was hoping someone could recommend a racket for me please?

Im almost intermediate standard and hoping to improve with some coaching and think I need a new racket.

An advanced player who has seen me play recommends I get a head light, flexible shaft high tension strung racket. I normally play doubles and prefer to be at the front because I don't think I'm strong enough to be good at the back.

Where I'm a bit confused the above obviously suits my playing style but should I not get a racket that is better for my weak area ie. head heavy so my shots are more powerful?
    Im just worried if I get a head light, flexible etc then I don't have a racket which is suited to power shots.

I've been recommended the Li Ning rackets and I also like the Yehlex 66 superlight. Lee Jae Bok coaches at my club and he uses Yehlex(not this one) but I've not tried either.

The Yehlex has a medium stiff shaft but appeals to me because it is so light. I'm not sure what weight my current Prince racket is but I'm petite so think the lighter the better for me.

I've also been looking at the Wilson rackets. I've tried a top of the range nano before but it didn't wow me, maybe I was too rubbish :p

What I find difficult is when you seach on websites, not all of them tell you the full spec of the racket for me to compare, often I can't tell if they are head light.

In the shops I find that Carlton is the only brand that easily labels the racket so you can see the full spec.

I don't mind spending more on the racket but because I'm not an advanced player I don't think I warrant top of the range to be honest.

Many thanks.

2. Shui-Yee

Shui-Yee New Member

Regional Manger
    as its more forgiving I'm probably better off with an Isometric head shape too :)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Surely the Arcsaber 9 should be high on your list.

4. Shui-Yee

Shui-Yee New Member

Regional Manger
    Hi I've just had a look and my concern was the weight. but they are bringing out a FL(Feather Light) in a few weeks but it's £160RRP. Where you can get the standard arcsaber for under £80 discounted.
    I'm going to the shop to try the Arcsaber 9 later today to see how the weight feels.

The fl isn't out yet to look at so I may weight to see that.