Mounting racquet help?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by boonsak-ponsana, Nov 17, 2010.

1. boonsak-ponsana

boonsak-ponsana Regular Member

happie
    Hi
    I have a little problem with mounting the racquet.
    I have a 6 point pros pro xp plus maschine and i want to hear how you mount the racquet.
    My problem is that i make the racquet to narrow.

I have seen the yylittle video, but i cant figure out how to do it proberly.

I need some tricks and maybe if you have a video how to do it it would be nice :)

2. onefromcov

onefromcov Regular Member

head and throat supports should touch racquet so it will hold without sliding of machine,turn k supports around so you use the smaller side of the support,tighten throat supports to just touch racquet,tighten head supports to just touch racquet at head,
    gently tighten each support so as not to distort racquet.

3. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    As a total novice to the trade, there seems to be a very, very fine line between having the supports either too tight or too loose. How much pressure are we talking about here? Just enough so that the racket is stable and secure? I have my eye on a Tyger 6-point drop-weight machine.

4. onefromcov

onefromcov Regular Member

5. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

I don't think you can actually distort a tennis racket.

6. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The good machines have side support arms that have spring loaded suspension systems. It is not really possible to over-tighten it, unless you are very inexperienced with the tightening knobs or do not understand what over-torquing is, which is what is affecting the lousy stringers that some forumers here have complained about in their area :p

7. allyjack110

When mounting a racket - using in a 6-point mounting system - which supports would / should you tighten first? As a novice I am presuming the emphasis is on the two located at 12 and 6 o 'clock, followed then by your 4 side supports?

8. Blitzzards

Correct, you do start with the North/South mounts first because they are in fact fixed and give you a good measure if you are mounting the racquet as centre as possible. The support arms are then screwed inwards and secured as tightly on the frame sides as possible without distorting them.

9. allyjack110

Thank Blitzzards,

In that case, does it matter which supports you loosen first when dis-mounting a finished racket? Again, I would imagine so. Firstly, your side supports - then finally - your North/South supports?

#9 allyjack110, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  10. Blitzzards

Yup, it is definitely easier to handle the racquet this way. FYI, I prefer to loosen the South support first then bring the racquet bottoms up from the South pole first.

Hope this gives you a rough idea on how to mount a racquet on a 6 point support machine.